• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    No, the MSP is extra-legally treating it as banned just like your AK47, but you can still possess it and use it, because it's grandfathered. You just can't transfer it.

It's a classification. They are pretending that they believe all Bushmaster brand products fall under the "banned" classification, even though they know perfectly well they do not.

They are bald-facedly lying about their own understanding of the law.

Who told them to lie?

Yup, this little trick they're playing with the Bushmaster name is the perfect example of how any 2A restrictions will be overstepped! Any anti-gunners who say otherwise are either ignorant or actively trying to subvert 2A rights.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Ok
    Hahaha, well, I don't think the lowers would be banned, just not able to be transferred in Maryland anymore. Not saying it's right, just not wanting to over-state it. If you bought your Bushmaster legally, you oughta still be able to possess and use it as before. Put an "illegal" upper on it and some busybody sees it at the range or something, you risk losing even more of your freedom!

I already clarified your first point, pointing out that "banned" is a classification that still applies to your GRANDFATHERED Bushmaster, same as it does to your grandfathered AK or Linda.

To clarify your last comment, there is no "illegal" upper. There is only a Banned-but-Grandfathered Configuration. You may possess and use it, just not transfer it.

So yes, you should still be able to put a lightweight upper on your Bushmaster brand lower. If you owned the lower before 10/1/13, it's grandfathered in any case. If they're going to lie through their lying teeth and pretend they think it's banned, then you might as well put it in a banned configuration and take it to the range with a bag full of 30 round magazines stuffed with green tips. All legal.

At the range you will see plenty of grandfathered ARs as well as AKs being legally employed. If you're really lucky, you may see me shooting my grandfathered M1A.

You may even see someone shooting an obscure, little known oddity from the 1980s, like a Calico or a Linda... maybe even a Bushmaster.

But all legal.

Bushmaster Rifle and Bullpup Carbine

Sort of an AK or Galil Clone that uses AR mags.

wooden.JPG

2675222_01_gwinn_bushmaster_arm_pistol_640.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Was it indeed someone who understood perfectly well what "Bushmaster " meant, but who harbored some obscure, nasty spitefull desire to mess with people in any petty little way possible?

Or was it some hysterical ignorant zealot who somehow had the influence to pressure the MSP into extra-legally violating 20 years of their own precedent?

My hunch is the latter of your two scenarios is the case. Some ignorant weasel saw that “a Bushmaster” was used in the Sandy Hook and DC Sniper cases. This Libtard probably thought Bushmaster was specifically designed for mass shootings. Whoever pressured MSP is a snake in the grass. Pun intended.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is something Hogan could have fixed, incidentally. He's well within his powers to tell the cops to do their jobs correctly.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Bushmasters were banned because they were more evil than other evil black guns.:innocent0

As nutso as it may seem, there it is. There's no logic, rhyme or reason... :sad20:

This thread reminded me I have a safe queen XM15-E2S that needs to come out to play at a Hooligan Shoot. It was once a C&C rifle with a NICS. It's an H-Bar, but that doesn't matter anymore - not these days. AFAIK. it's now a banned evil gun.

As evil as it may be, it's actually my least favorite AR. Its accuracy is not on a par with other rifles. So these days it doesn't get the range time it deserves.

:sad20:

Attachments

• XM15-E25(R) BP.jpg
      XM15-E25(R) BP.jpg
      23.3 KB · Views: 266

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    As nutso as it may seem, there it is. There's no logic, rhyme or reason... :sad20:

This thread reminded me I have a safe queen XM15-E2S that needs to come out to play at a Hooligan Shoot. It was once C&C rifle with a NICS. It's an H-Bar, but that doesn't matter anymore - not these days. AFAIK. it's now a banned evil gun.

As evil as it may be, it's actually my least favorite AR. Its accuracy is not on a par with other rifles. So these days it doesn't get the range time it deserves.

:sad20:

I ask you to please ensure that very bad gun does not open the safe on its own, and attempt to shoot a group of helpless puppies.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    So as far as outfitting a post 2013 80% lower-- what kind of upper are you legally allowed to put on it in MD? Does it matter if the upper is a Bushmaster upper purchased prior to 2013?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom