• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I got pulled and start tomorrow. Any tips from people who have done it? Where to park, eat, etc? Anyone else going to be there on either side?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I got pulled and start tomorrow. Any tips from people who have done it? Where to park, eat, etc? Anyone else going to be there on either side?

Yeah I have done it. There is a parking lot not too far from the courthouse.

1- Across the street, north of the cemetery on Greenwood (was full when I went).
    2- Down N. Ralph Street on the left as you head north.

Pretty easy, give them your summons, leave your cell phone at home or in the car.

Just ask people where to go, they will direct you. I had no clue.

And for the love of God, show up! They sent the Sherriff out to fetch the people that didn't show.

If you don't get picked, you get 10 bucks! :)

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Make sure you call the number for the automated jury info line... either the morning of or night before, I don't remember.

Carroll isn't the most crime ridden county by far... both my wife and I have received notices in the past and when we called in there were no jury trials at all for the weeks we would have served.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I got called up. I was on the hook for a week as well as I remember. You call the number that Bullfrog mentioned. If they don't have any thing going on, you don't even have to go in. If they have any trials, you will have to go in.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I was called up a couple months ago. The important thing is to call the night before to see if you have to show up. They were calling people at home to get them to come in. Parking wasn't bad because I got there early. Parked by the cemetery. When you check in they give your your money. When I went, it was $15. Had to watch the video about how important being on a jury was. Got all the way through being seated in the jury box, but then got kicked out by the defense attorney. :sad20: I had really wanted to be on a jury, too. :sad20:

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    My “group” was called Sunday when I first called in. We sat around for 3 1/2 hours. The defendant wanted to recuse his lawyer and got away with it. The judge came and talked to us about it. Unfortunately I have a very good understanding of how the system works. I called in tonight and am not needed tomorrow. Will have to call in for the rest of the week of course.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I did it a couple years ago. Called, went in my first day and ended up on a jury. Empaneled Moday, trial and deliberations Tuesday. Home for dinner Tuesday evening. Saw the defendant a couple weeks later at the bowling alley. I was not recognized.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I did it a couple years ago. Called, went in my first day and ended up on a jury. Empaneled Moday, trial and deliberations Tuesday. Home for dinner Tuesday evening. Saw the defendant a couple weeks later at the bowling alley. I was not recognized.

couple weeks later? Must have been a "not guilty" or maybe a guilty, first degree murder in Baltimore City?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom