• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The basic gist is that a building maintenance supervisor at a private school in Bethesda had a gun (revolver) at the school, supposedly because he was going to have some work done on it. A fellow employee took a pic of it on their phone and texted it to an administrator, who then called the police.

The thing is, the guy wasn't breaking the law - the law only pertains to public schools, not private schools, so now they want to change the law to cover ALL schools in the state.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Changing the law to include private schools will open up a whole new can of worms. Knowing the ways MD legislators write laws, the interpretations could go through the ceiling. For example, are home schools private schools? Are private day cares? If my significant other runs a private daycare, can I not own guns in my own home? Can no one carry within the established distance around my home? These are just a few that come to mind. I'm sure there are a whole lot more.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Just closing a 'loophole' ...

However with Frosh, EVERYTHING regarding guns is a loophole.

Let's rename it for him. From now on call them 'Loopy Holes'.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    The D next to his name should explain the whole they are on your side until ....

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    That's just dumb. If they can get away with that, what's to stop them from the precedent of passing a law saying we can't carry in stores because of mall shootings, or worse?

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    That's interesting considering a lot of the private schools have their own armed security

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Meh, this entire state is a gun free zone anyway. Although I would love to see how they word a bill to not allow guns on private property.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That's just dumb. If they can get away with that, what's to stop them from the precedent of passing a law saying we can't carry in stores because of mall shootings, or worse?

Exactly! How about can't carry in residential neighborhoods with "Children at Play" signs. Or maybe no carry within 1000 feet of a firearms range (wait that makes no sense, oh yeah that is exactly why it might pass in MD). :sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Next we'll see restrictions on hunting.

You can't be within 300 yards of a deer while hunting deer.

You can't fire a shot into the air while hunting geese.

It's never going to end with these people.

Go DINO!!!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    As far as I can tell, it's private property and they would not have the jurisdiction to pass that. (Unless they say no guns outside the home at all, which of course will not end well in the courts for them)

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    What about the bigger question, why was another school employee snooping around this guys office, and why wasnt he counter charged with attempted theft?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    IIRC you need your employer's permission to carry on the job which it sounds like this guy didn't have. Also, school isn't one of the destinations where you can transport a handgun. Sounds like another instance of making a law when there are already ones on the books that cover the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom