• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Was being interviewed by NPR today WMAU 88.5 http://wamu.org/ at my Real Estate Office {I happen to be an FFL also} re: SB281. We discussed the illogical regulations and fecklessness of the law and it's effects upon law-abiding citizens.

While I was explaining how AR15's .223 would be illegal and AR10's .308 legal - outside my office where passersby could observe - the reporter was aghast -- he immediately understood the absurdity of the law.

About 10 minutes after the demonstration 4 Howard County Police rolled up on the scene responding to 911 call "man with a - scary - gun."

The first officer was a young lady who was quite pleasant and I explained the circumstances, 3 more officers showed up and we all had a good laugh and now I have 4 new customers.

Thanks caller and thanks Ho Co police. One of them even remembered me from Ken Ullmans "Gun Buy Back" last March where I was saving many fine firearms from destruction. :lol:

Be sure to listen Monday for interview and story on WMAU 88.5

Attachments

• DSC03463.jpg
      DSC03463.jpg
      126.5 KB · Views: 2,269
    Last edited:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Was the interviewer a skinny male in his late thirties??? If so, he did one with me earlier this evening just after I closed the shop. Perhaps I should've declined as I was damned near brain dead after what I've been through the last few weeks.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Do you happen to be right off 29 somewhat close to Atholton High? Have some dont tread on me flags outside the place? Martin Rd right off Seneca dr i believe?

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Its not absurd that the AR10 is legal and the AR15 is legal, it is absurd that the any gun is illegal. No matter what. Marty says we are safer, I think Marty who has a security detail is safer, citizens in Maryland not at all.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    Have you met the Playboy Bunny HOCO cp yet? Man, she is a hottie. She could be in Playboy anytime she likes...best looking cop I have ever seen. At least they were nice to you and not idiots. :D

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Its not absurd that the AR10 is legal and the AR15 is legal, it is absurd that the any gun is illegal. No matter what. Marty says we are safer, I think Marty who has a security detail is safer, citizens in Maryland not at all.

I stopped explaining the absurd AR15 versus AR10 aspect of the law and I'm going with Fight Club rules now. I can already hear the libs crying that we need to ban these scary AR10's because we already banned the AR15.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Damn Chuckles Co only sent 2 when we put a few thousand through the 1919. They didn't even ask about the table covered in class 2 and 3 goodness. The Gatling did get their attention a little but in a good way.

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I am afraid that we will see more of this. As OCT 1 gets here and passes more and more people that are not educate with the laws will be calling the police when they see one.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Was being interviewed by NPR today WMAU 88.5 http://wamu.org/ at my Real Estate Office {I happen to be an FFL also} re: SB281. We discussed the illogical regulations and fecklessness of the law and it's effects upon law-abiding citizens.

While I was explaining how AR15's .223 would be illegal and AR10's .308 legal - outside my office where passersby could observe - the reporter was aghast -- he immediately understood the absurdity of the law.

About 10 minutes after the demonstration 4 Howard County Police rolled up on the scene responding to 911 call "man with a - scary - gun."

The first officer was a young lady who was quite pleasant and I explained the circumstances, 3 more officers showed up and we all had a good laugh and now I have 4 new customers.

Thanks caller and thanks Ho Co police. One of them even remembered me from Ken Ullmans "Gun Buy Back" last March where I was saving many fine firearms from destruction. :lol:

Be sure to listen Monday for interview and story on WMAU 88.5

Sgt Preston here...

Thank you for pointing out to a reporter (and the State Legislators) that the AR10 will need to be added to the banned list during the Spring Legislative Session...

Walking around outside with an AR (in a Communist State) also just adds fuel to the Anti's fire...

What was the OTHER point of your interview..?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I had a similar experience while teaching a class in Silver Spring at a Hampton Inn in 2010. The Mongomer County police had been notified about the class the day before to avoid any problems. (We always notify local LE about our classes)

A hotel guest on the way to the pool walked past the meeting room door as one of our students returned from the restroom. The caught a glimpse of me holding a Blue training gun demonstrating the isocolies stance. They must have thought I was aming the gun at the other people in the room. They called 911 from a house phone in the pool room and hid there until police arrived.

The responding officers were very professional and checked with the front desk before coming to the meeting room. They were informed about the class and proceeded to the meeting room to check things out. They happened to open the door as I was sitting in a chair showing the need to learn to shoot from any position with the Blue gun pointed at the door. The officers remained calm and told me to please put the gun down which caused me to drop the Blue Gun on the floor.

Both officers then entered the room and asked if everything was OK and that they had received a report of a man holding people hostage with a gun. Their question got a good chuckle for everyone and they said thank you and sorry for disturbing us. I used the incident as a teachable moment by pointing out how quickly I dropped even a fake gun when told to do so by LE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom