• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Hands down, indoor is The Machine Gun Nest.

Outdoor locally I like hap baker even though they can get very busy.

For a drive, hard to beat Peacemaker in WV for te range and if you join I think the member ranges are steel targets.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    The great thing about IWLA Damascus is that there is no probation period before you can become range certified and use the range on your own. As a newbie I would prefer if there is another more experienced person around while I'm on the range, but having the ability to use the range without having to have a range officer present any day of the week is a great thing to have. I believe the other IWLA chapters in the area don't all have this luxury for new member.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    Ditto to that, although I haven't been there in a while (at the range). Its a really good chapter to belong to! Good covered and uncovered pistol ranges. Nice rifle range. Going to be up there more this Spring and Summer.

For indoor ranges:

I'm a Machine Gun Nest Member and have nothing but nice things to say about them and shooting there. Their customer service is why I'm a member.
    I've also shot at Hendershots and like it there- just wish they had better range hours.
    I've shot at Gilberts and that would be my last choice of where to shoot.

Still looking at outdoor range options

Lori

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    For indoor ranges:

I'm a Machine Gun Nest Member and have nothing but nice things to say about them and shooting there. Their customer service is why I'm a member.
    I've also shot at Hendershots and like it there- just wish they had better range hours.

Lori

In the area, try Hap baker up in Carroll County. Though the lines can be long if you dont get there early.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    peacemaker is worth the drive. outside of that, I shoot on private land. I am not terribly enthused by some of the gun handling I've seen on a lot of ranges. To the credit of PNTC, they have RSOs on duty and, while some may not like having people looking over their shoulders, I don't know everyone on the line and thus am glad someone is watching.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    For indoor ranges:

Lori

Monocacy Pistol club isnt far from The Machine Gun Nest and is outdoors. Pistols, .22 rifles and shotguns are good to go there

Kevnev

May 12, 2018
    The Machine Gun Nest for me. I used to shoot at Heritage before they went crazy with their hours/rates.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Do any ranges allow you to practice for 3 gun competitions?

Peacemakers in WV has bays for practicing 3 Gun for club members and guests.

Arlington Rifle and Pistol club has 3 Gun events at AGC. AGC does not have bays for practicing action shooting.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    Been going to Heritage on the weekend when TMGN is crowded. Have not had to wait at all.

We're really lucky in Frederick to have both.

I like to go to Cresap when they're open for rifle shooting. Only pen 10-3 on Sunday and not every Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom