• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/re...ion#repChildCatid=526708#repChildCatid=526708

Use code "CC201820PCT" for 20% off. Doesn't matter how much you buy, as long as you qualify for free shipping.
    If you can, use PayPal checkout and Chase Freedom card for 5% cashback for this quarter. Also, use activejunky.com for 5% cashback from Academy.

This is even cheaper than the Winchester white box deal last week. How do they compare?

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Nice find! Been stocking up some good priced 9mm recently and going to the range with an easier wallet. With Ammo price like this online, lgs better step up their games and don’t blame us the cosunmers for not supporting them :)

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Btw, going to get a few boxes of the Monarch 7.62x54r to sight in my scoped Mosin. Heard that is slightly more accurate and consistent than surplus Ammo, anyone got experience on that?

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Well, wait a second. Rem UMC does not exactly have the best rep for quality in the world. You could do worse, but this is not ammo I'd bet my life on.

You’re absolutely right about their quality. I have shot maybe close to a thousand rounds of umc, and had one failure (bad primer).

However, at about $7 a box of 50 for practice or plinking, it’s a no brainer to me.

Just ordered 500 and a few boxes of Monarch 7.62x54r for less than $100 plus 5% back from activejunky!

Also no TAX unlike cabelas!

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    Hopefully it's better than the Brown Bear that I've been using, which had about 10 failures to fire in a case of 1,000. Since I'm purchasing this for plinking, i'm not too concerned, but would suck to get a squib load.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Great deal. That's about what I paid last year but it was with a MIR. Gotta love how prices just keep fallllllling

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    WTH is activejunky?

Go look them up. They give you cash back on purchases from certain sites. The only strings attached is you have to click through from Active Junky. I am sure they share purchase history and stuff from you for advertising and they send you emails. Worth it IMHO. I typically get about $120 or so back from using them in a given year.

Academy, Cabela’s, BPS, Brownells and a few others participate with them (sadly not Midway).

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Go look them up. They give you cash back on purchases from certain sites. The only strings attached is you have to click through from Active Junky. I am sure they share purchase history and stuff from you for advertising and they send you emails. Worth it IMHO. I typically get about $120 or so back from using them in a given year.

Academy, Cabela’s, BPS, Brownells and a few others participate with them (sadly not Midway).

It’s a good site and I have actually gotten checks in the past. Matter of fact, I spent about $100 and already confirmed that I will get back about $6. It was calculated 5% before the 20% off, sweeeet!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I still snagged 500 even tho I got about 3k. Too good to pass up on.

Yeah. Also not on sale, but Federal 1100rnd buckets of 36gr CPHP are $49.99. That makes them 40.01 after the 20% and free shipping...

Now that I do have too much. At least right now each of my calibers has its own storage box. 22lr gets a medium size MTM case for me and my case is already overflowed by a brick of blazer and a couple of boxes of CCI Minimags. I think I’ve got about 8000rnds total. My .223/5.56 is the same sort of way. I’ve got about 500rnds of xm855 and 193 in my “overflow” box also. I’ve got a .50 cal can of assorted .223/5.56, which makes it around 1100rnds if that, but I also have a .30 cal can of M855 and a .30 can of M193 that are packed loose to the top. Then I’ve got about 400rnds of the same in my safe and a few loaded mags of 193 in there too.

My .308/7.62 situation isn’t as dire as I think I could squeeze 2 more boxes of M80 in the .30 can that holds it, but my .50 assorted can is maxed with ~440rnds.

I’ll have to buy more ammo boxes and move things around if I want more ammo of just about any type. That said, I still got 200rnds more UMC 115gr, a box of Winchester Tok ammo (because all I had was a box of PPU JHP and I’ve got an M57 on the way and want at least enough on hand to really test it) and two boxes of 20ga #8 because I didn’t have any target shells for my 20 left.

Phew. That maxes my storage for 9mm (at about 1300rnds in an MTM small sized case)

Having just built a 9, I’ve rrally lucked out. I got 600rnds of UMC from Gander on sale and with a $20 off a 100 for $80 shipped, 300 of Winchester whitebox for $46 whipped with the $10 off a $50 from academy that showed up yesterday and now another 200rnds for $36 shipped (not including a few things added to this order).

And there I was worried I’d have to wait months before grabbing 1000rnds of plinking ammo with a rebate or something for cheap.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh and before anyone starts, no I can’t have too much. It is just that I am not prepared to fix my storage situation and I also have bought a lot lately so I need to cool it for a bit. Besides there might be some nice ammo rebates and other sales around the 4th of July again or later in the year. I’ve got plenty for at least a year, so I can wait to see if there are nicer deals in a few months before committing to another storage box or two and 1/2k more rounds of something

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom