Here is my Cannondale

Attachments

• 2010_stuff_for_sale 055.jpg
      2010_stuff_for_sale 055.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 177

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    I was a diehard Cannondale man. I owned a total of five of them. My first was an M300 in 1993...my last was an F2000SL (I think)...my favorite was a custom rig that one of the riders from the old White Marsh Schwinn built. I don't know about today but back when I was riding they were bar none the best hardtails money could buy. Nobody does the fat tubes like them. These days it seems like everyone needs full suspension. I always hated the weight...My last Cannondale, that SL, weighed under 22 pounds...sweet...

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    OP again.

Made it up to Raystown Lake--Allegrippis trails yesterday. Wow. FUN stuff. Great trails, well marked and maintained, rolling terrain that was just awesome. Went with a friend from work. Took 3 hours from Baltimore, we rode from 11-1, then lunch (during a short T-storm), then rode from about 1:45-4:15. Rode 19.5 miles total. I would highly recommend. Pics attached below:

4732922324_49ae668369.jpg

4732278315_63e784e54e.jpg

4732922966_1fc07a5831.jpg

4732923316_739b2637cc.jpg

4732279233_f7c34158a0.jpg

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I've got a Cannondale F600 that I take to St Mary's St Park often. A great technical 8mi loop.

Unfortunately to my MTB roots, my roadie Bianchi 928 is getting all the attention lately...I'm training up for the 460mi Bike Ride across Iowa (RAGBRAI, www.ragbrai.com) in July.

50 miles is the plan for tomorrow...

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Just into building a new bike - destroyed my last full suspension frame and am getting back to a hardtail. The frame, a mountain cycle rumble, came in on friday and now waiting for the bottom bracket and headset to show up.

That is at least what the frame looks like - gotta set it up different, though.
    rumble-1.jpg

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Wow - can't believe it took me this long to find this thread! Before kids showed up, I did most of the enduro type races. 24 hours of Snowshoe, Big Bear, Moab, etc. I routinely ride 20-25 miles a week at Patapsco. Glock_45 usually joins me.

I grew up mountain biking in Colorado - but Maryland has a fantastic MTB scene. Patapsco is one of the best maintained trail systems I've ever ridden - and that includes the stuff in CO and Utah. Patapsco can be as easy or as technical as you want. Good downhills, rock gardens, twisty singletrack, lung busting climbs - it has it all. Everything is single-speed rideable, but it will challenge you. I know that place like the back of my hand, so if you ever want to get out there - shoot me a PM.

As for bikes, I'm a huge Titus fan. I love titanium - being 6'4" tall usually requires some custom fitting, so that's one big reason I stick with Titus. My x-country bike and my single speed are both Ti, but my downhill rig is aluminum.

Splitter - you weren't supposed to mention that... You now owe me beer.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Wow - can't believe it took me this long to find this thread! Before kids showed up, I did most of the enduro type races. 24 hours of Snowshoe, Big Bear, Moab, etc. I routinely ride 20-25 miles a week at Patapsco. Glock_45 usually joins me.

I grew up mountain biking in Colorado - but Maryland has a fantastic MTB scene. Patapsco is one of the best maintained trail systems I've ever ridden - and that includes the stuff in CO and Utah. Patapsco can be as easy or as technical as you want. Good downhills, rock gardens, twisty singletrack, lung busting climbs - it has it all. Everything is single-speed rideable, but it will challenge you. I know that place like the back of my hand, so if you ever want to get out there - shoot me a PM.

As for bikes, I'm a huge Titus fan. I love titanium - being 6'4" tall usually requires some custom fitting, so that's one big reason I stick with Titus. My x-country bike and my single speed are both Ti, but my downhill rig is aluminum.

Splitter - you weren't supposed to mention that... You now owe me beer.

OP here. Apone, I might take you up on a tour of Patapsco in the not-too-distant future. I'm hoping to go to Shaeffer next week mid-week, but maybe sometime in the weeks that follow we can hook up for a ride at Patapsco. I'd regard myself as still beginner-ish, so it's good to know that Patapsco is sort of "adjustable" to the skill of the rider.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'd be up for that, too. I'm experienced, but by no means do I have 20-25 miles left in this old bod.

We need to do a mdshooters ride. One that is "ride at your own risk" type of ride. Most here are of that self-reliant bent, but some a-hole might think otherwise.

I'll do the off-the-back sweep, k?

Doug

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'd be up for that, too. I'm experienced, but by no means do I have 20-25 miles left in this old bod.

We need to do a mdshooters ride. One that is "ride at your own risk" type of ride. Most here are of that self-reliant bent, but some a-hole might think otherwise.

I'll do the off-the-back sweep, k?

Doug

May not be a bad idea to do a mdshooters group ride. I'd love to try Patapsco but, FWIW, I do know the Seminary section of Loch Raven very well, and it might be good for some of the less experienced riders (like myself!). My usual route takes about 1.5 hours (depending on how much stopping to talk there is) and covers about 8-9 miles maybe? I just did 19.5 at Raystown, in the fun Thursday heat and humidity, and I was hurtin' afterwards!

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    I'd love to show you guys around. I'm sure Glock_45 would come along. You just tell me when you get gassed, and I'll cut the ride off and start heading back to base camp. We'll have beer and a mini-bbq waiting!!

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I would like to make it too even though it's hot as hell now and have been sticking to the road. I should be good for Cedarville, Rosaryville, and Patapsco Avalon. Frederick, Gambril and Loch Raven will be more iffy but not impossible.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Sounds like a great possibility! Let's keep this thread alive - I would be happy to tour guide/ride along. If not 4th weekend, maybe the weekend after? I don't have any plans for the 4th weekend - except for the 4th. Somebody pick a day?

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Oh - as we get closer to the ride date - let's set up some group leads. If some want to turn back and fire up the grill, cool. Those that want to get a few more miles in can do so. This is starting to sound like an awesome adventure!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I have my in-laws coming the weekend of the 4th, but that doesn't necessarily tie me down. Might be able to get a ride in. I say we wait a bit until we see what the weather will be like leading up to the weekend, and then try to pick a day from there.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I could fit in an afterwork ride any day this week at Patapsco or whatever works (as early as 2pm with notice). Otherwise, I would probably wind up at Rosaryville a few days next week anyway.

Holiday weekend does not look promising for me unless it's a quick crack-of-dawn ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom