• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    During some time browsing around gun stuff which I do way to often, I came across the above rifle. Apparently they were m72s and then got caught up in the ban etc etc. Would these be banned here? I have no idea what they'd even be listed under on the list. But they look amazing, 308, carry handle, gas selector, flip up tritium front sight and some other goodies. I see a few on gunbroker but don't want to get my hopes up. Need to rely on the AK fans here that will obviously know way more than myself!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I think the 308 variants were M77s originally. Mitchel imported a bunch post-ban of different versions/calibers and called them all M90s. Some were M72, M77, etc. I know the Mitchells use some rare 308 mag worth a lot (used to be $100+).
    Consider a 308 VEPR? I'm pretty sure those are MD legal. Same basic gun but parts and mags are easy to get.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm almost 100% certain these are good to go. A friend of mine has one and lent it to me years ago to take some pictures. They are extremely nice rifles:

P1100161.jpg

P1100162.jpg

P1100167.jpg

P1100165.jpg

P1100164.jpg

One look at the rear sight tells you all you need to know about the Quality of these things:
    P1100169.jpg

They have an adjustable gas system and a scope rail too:
    P1100171.jpg

P1100168.jpg

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Beautiful rifle. Although I did cringe when I got to the picture where they obscured the original model number and engraved "M-90"

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    These were fantastic rifles and used to bring a major premium after the "ban". Should be ok (non lawyers opinion).

A M76 has always been on my "must have list" especially with the optics. Not an easy item to come buy (seem to remember less than a couple hundred got imported) the M90 is a good substitute.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Beautiful rifle. Although I did cringe when I got to the picture where they obscured the original model number and engraved "M-90"

That was required because of the ban unfortunately. IIRC, these were in customs at the time and that was the only way they were going to be released. Yes, it's ugly; but it's better than no rifle at all!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    A M76 has always been on my "must have list" especially with the optics. Not an easy item to come buy (seem to remember less than a couple hundred got imported) the M90 is a good substitute.
    Yes, but tons of kits were imported. Tortort made a big batch of receivers not too long ago. AWO builds them too.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Didn’t think I needed another AK right now. This thread just proved me wrong. My wallet hates you Combloc :D

Sirex