• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    So every once in a while the bolt on my M92 will jump the rail during shooting. It has never happened when I manually cycle the firearm; only once in a while at the range. My best guess is that the bolt is over rotating between the gap in the rail. I attached some photos showing the issue. Any ideas on what could be causing the bolt to be doing this and what a solution would be?
    9Yqt2i8.jpg

SgfeXw8.jpg

i7hNtUN.jpg

IxHSrbO.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    ok so on mine it looks like the only way the bolt will come out is if the recoil spring is taken out. theres a recess for the bolt to pop out of and out. The recoil spring latch might be cracked and or worn where its allowing it to slip out at full blowback position.

rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    ok so on mine it looks like the only way the bolt will come out is if the recoil spring is taken out. theres a recess for the bolt to pop out of and out. The recoil spring latch might be cracked and or worn where its allowing it to slip out at full blowback position.

Thanks for checking! If definitely seems like somehow the bolt is over rotating and slipping onto the rail.

For the recoil spring latch, what part are you referring to?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Thanks for checking! If definitely seems like somehow the bolt is over rotating and slipping onto the rail.

For the recoil spring latch, what part are you referring to?

if you take the cover off and pull the bolt all the way back does it appear to want to come off the rail or does it seem solid?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I hate myself as I type this, but have you considered putting in a recoil buffer? It may help prevent this from occurring.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    How much do you hate yourself, like Ace Ventura level after realizing he kissed a "dude" :innocent0

avg6.gif

rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    I hate myself as I type this, but have you considered putting in a recoil buffer? It may help prevent this from occurring.

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I just bought a new Yugo bolt carrier group to see if that will resolve the issue because the bolt seems really loose in the original carrier.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If you can't tell by the pictures, then...

If someone is unfamiliar w/ the internal workings of AKs then only showing bolt pictures will not make it obvious. For example, lots of people I work with (have shot my guns many times) wouldn't be able to identify an AR from close up pictures of its bolt yet all of them would from a full picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom