• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I wish it did not have to go.. Would've loved taking my kids. Use to drag a Honda 750 and Firebird way back. My cousin raced Pro Stock and was sponsored up..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I used to race my '68 396 Chevelle there back in the early 70's What a great way to spend a Friday or Saturday night.

Now Urban is filled with yuppies and Pruis'.

shame

Attachments

• 75-80.jpg
      75-80.jpg
      9.2 KB · Views: 532
    • 75-80-3.jpg
      75-80-3.jpg
      45.5 KB · Views: 535
    • 75-80-2.jpg
      75-80-2.jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 539

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    OMG Some great memories at that place, ran a Outlaw pro street Vette there. And Miss Betty made the best damn chili dogs in the world.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.JPG
      IMG_0214.JPG
      75.7 KB · Views: 515

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My Mom's Cousin, her Husbands car. If you recall a driver with one leg, that was his..

Attachments

• Rat Sass.jpg
      Rat Sass.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 520

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    76/80 on Match Race Friday

Childhood friends and I built this C-Altered that ran 10.2 at 135 MPH at 75/80, mostly with the front wheels up. I still have the time slips to prove it. Not bad for a punched out 283 with a crash box four speed.

This pic was taken in a match race against an injected big block A-Altered. We lost but put on quite a show when the wheelie bars broke and stood it up on the rear push bar.

Attachments

• Wright Bros.jpg
      Wright Bros.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 454

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Childhood friends and I built this C-Altered that ran 10.2 at 135 MPH at 75/80, mostly with the front wheels up. I still have the time slips to prove it. Not bad for a punched out 283 with a crash box four speed.

This pic was taken in a match race against an injected big block A-Altered. We lost but put on quite a show when the wheelie bars broke and stood it up on the rear push bar.

Nice :thumbsup:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    How long ago did it close down?
    We went as kids.

Several years back. A bunch of BS was spouted by the owner that people just weren't coming anymore, yadda yadda yadda. Turns out he had been approached by some folks from the big housing developers that turned Urbanna (where the Peter Pan/Cracked Claw was located) into a complete sh*t-show of overcrowded schools, poorly designed infrastructure and out-of-place town homes as far as the eye can see. Monrovia Town Center is now going there. Thousands upon thousands of houses covering what was supposed to be protected farmland. More overcrowding and nothing from the developers to show for it. They want to build the houses cheap, sell them dear, and get the hell out before it all starts crumbling. Blaine Young and several other Frederick County Councilmen (unfortunately all Republicans) fudged some fact finding missions to push the plans through. Now that it's all come to light, it's getting tied up in the planning commission and courts. RALE Monrovia (Residents against Lansdale Extension) are the group that have put up the biggest fight and have kept it from going completely to hell over the past 5 years. They aren't opposed to intelligent development, but are against these massive population-density bombs that have no supporting infrastructure to pick up the load. Courts initially told the builders they could build at their own risk, but now that it's gone to the Circuit Court, I don't think you'll see many builders taking that much of a risk. So far I've only seen one small-ish development. Makes me wonder if they have to inform potential buyers of the litigation between them and the county and that their suburban wasteland may wind up never getting finished.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I have some good memories there in the 80's & 90's either my uncle's, brother or myself racing the basic street class. I had a 69 Camaro with a 327 powerglide trans that I wrenched on. My brother had a 67 Chevelle 4 door that we put a 400 small block into. Friday nights and Sunday's we were there.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Bill Wilcom was the owner. Dad was there opening day way back when and raced lots of difference cars there. Last one was a Chevy Lunina with a 560 world products block, NA we ran a best of 8.06 at around 164-5 I think. Maybe it was an 8.04 but I just can't remember. Raced my cobra there a few times. My uncle raced and tested there for Motorweek for most his career working for Motorweek. I'm sad whenever I pass it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    OMG Some great memories at that place, ran a Outlaw pro street Vette there. And Miss Betty made the best damn chili dogs in the world.

Couldn't agree more on the chilli dogs!! Whoever owned "Fiesta Time" was my high school hero.

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I live right down the road. I missed the sound of the races on Fri/Sat nights when it closed for a year or two. When it came back it was nice to hear again, but now its silenced forever. Shame.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I use to go with friends on Friday and Saturday nights to watch them race, have a Beer or two out in the parking lot,
    And O the chill dog's, Sad to hear it's gone for good, I'm now pulling up steaks and going south permanently, all this development is killing all the good things that made us who we are today, I shuddered to think of what this place will become,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom