• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkknight

Mar 22, 2008
    Parsonsburg, md
    I have a 78 F150 that needs new gearing in the rear (ford 9") due to a royal POS previous mechanic. Can anybody recommend a good mechanic on in the Salisbury area?

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Theres a guy named Tony in Fruitland, head south on Camden ext, at the 4 way stop make a right then immediate left and he's on the left, shop is behind the house...been a self employed mech for decades.

Darkknight

Mar 22, 2008
    Parsonsburg, md
    Not Salisbury but Richard Thurman on Indiantown Rd right outside Vienna. Get off 50 head north on the Rhodesdale rd make quick right on Indiantown and follow it out to his place on the left 2-3 miles,you'll see his shop.

Theres a guy named Tony in Fruitland, head south on Camden ext, at the 4 way stop make a right then immediate left and he's on the left, shop is behind the house...been a self employed mech for decades.

Thanks, Ill check these guys out.

Darkknight

Mar 22, 2008
    Parsonsburg, md
    Not trying to downplay it but they are one of the easiest to set up,crush sleeve vs. solid is really the only obstacle.

Yeah i know the 9" is supposed to be cake but setting up ring and pinion has always fallen under one of those things that i feel better paying someone else to do with the more art than science aspect.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    a place that a lot of people overlook is the metal shop in delmar. They do regular mechanic work for about the same price as anywhere else. My buddy works there and they do top notch work.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    They always have cool stuff out front, never been in there but I bet they could get it done.

it's a cool shop. They have a retail store right in the front door where you can buy builder parts or small shit and t shirts. I think they even have a couch and a tv that is always playing somthing. Once a year they have a big open house, anyone on this board should check it out its a good time.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    honestly not sure. I havent driven by there in a bit but I have to get up with him next week so I can confirm it haha. They always have some good shit outfront. The owners kid drives a monster truck (Sponsored by the shop of course) and I just watched a clip of him at monster jam parking it on the back bumper on a jump. I was pretty impressed.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I think that's where I keep seeing that yellow 68-72 4x4 Ford isn't it? I run up and down the dual all the time for work. I'm afraid to stop cause ill want to buy it. Id really be up the creek then.

That yellow Ford is at another shop further up just before Seaford. It isn't for sale either. I know, I asked. It's just used to draw attention.

The Metal Shop is in Delmar, almost across from the Food Lion. Usually a monster truck school bus out in front of them.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Im getting ready to sell a nice Ford pick up. 95 reg cab 4x4 I bought it new. 4.9 cid, auto, manual hubs, factory aluminum wheels nice interior, 8 ft box, new 31 Firestone destinations, ball joints, fuel pumps and turn key. High mileage though but runs like a top uses no oil. I don't know what to ask for it, it will pass inspection I bet with some windshield wipers. Only ever drove it in some snow. Adult owned and maintained never beat it off road. The only thing that's not factory are leveling springs in the front. Everything works on it. What would you guys ask?

Darkknight

Mar 22, 2008
    Parsonsburg, md
    a place that a lot of people overlook is the metal shop in delmar. They do regular mechanic work for about the same price as anywhere else. My buddy works there and they do top notch work.

Ive been there a bunch of times to get parts but never even crossed my mind for repairs though

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom