Kizer Cutlery Ki401B1 Flipper Frame Lock Knife Gray Titanium (3.5" Satin)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://dro.ps/b/qyGfx79/l

Perfect in almost every way.

CPM-S35VN Blade, Serpentine Handle

The Textured Titanium Flipper from Kizer is constructed with a beefy 3.6-inch stonewashed blade made from CPM-S35VN stainless steel, which is known for its toughness and resistance to corrosion. The blade is deployed using the built-in flipper tab, which acts as a finger guard in the open position. Its gunmetal gray handle, a true standout, is made from 6AL4V titanium scales and features a sturdy frame lock. Its jagged reptilian-scaled texture facilitates a secure grip, while the matching titanium pocket clip provides convenient tip-up carry.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kizer-textured-titanium-flipper-ki401b1

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    MD-17167_20160316092939_6268d1c1ea418dcc.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's a Kizer.

Under $200, and in every way I can measure, better that most any other knife they make (and frankly better than any other folding knife I own).

CPM-S35VN Blade (absolutely among the best blade steels), handles and pocket clip are titanium (super strong/super light). This makes it a bit lighter, but considering how beefy this folding knife is; its a beast. Absolutely at the limit of what I would consider an Everyday Carry (EDC) knife.

Totally legal in Maryland. That was the clincher for me. :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's a Kizer.

Under $200, and in every way I can measure, better that most any other knife they make (and frankly better than any other folding knife I own).

CPM-S35VN Blade (absolutely among the best blade steels), handles and pocket clip are titanium (super strong/super light). This makes it a bit lighter, but considering how beefy this folding knife is; its a beast. Absolutely at the limit of what I would consider an Everyday Carry (EDC) knife.

Have your ordered? I have the same knife, same blade steel, but a shiny satin finish. You can sometimes find it for $130-140, at least when I was shopping. Great looking, sturdy construction, thick blade spine, etc, but it's deployment can stick a little bit too. The clip is kind of meh too. My ZTs open smooth as butter on the other hand. Anyway, you won't be disappointed if you've ordered (it's a lot of knife for the money), just an FYI.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Have your ordered? I have the same knife, same blade steel, but a shiny satin finish. You can sometimes find it for $130-140, at least when I was shopping. Great looking, sturdy construction, thick blade spine, etc, but it's deployment can stick a little bit too. My ZTs open smooth as butter on the other hand. Anyway, you won't be disappointed if you've ordered (it's a lot of knife for the money), just an FYI.

Thanks for that. :)

I did order. My biggest worry is the deployment, was will it open smoothly. I watched one video of a guy opening it and he appeared to be doing it wrong.

From the many other accounts, looks like it deploys great! Most appreciated. :)

I feel a lot better after your comments, and checking up on the issue. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Do you own mass drop?

Nah, they just put out some deals that are decent.

I was looking at this knife, but was wondering about the grip. Being that it is metal, does it feel right to certain hands, or is it not so high that most hands won't get "cut up" just holding it.

Q

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    It's a Kizer.

I've got a similar model Kizer and I think you will like it for sure.

Here are my observations so far.

1) Very light especially for it's size
    2) The action is very smooth I like how it opens even better that the ZT's I've got.
    3) While the handle is long and wide it's very flat which which feels nice when in your pocket.
    4) It just looks huge which would seem more intimidating should you ever need to use it to defend yourself. I think this is really some sort of illusion.

The only slight downside for me is the surface of the grip, even with the wavy texture pattern is very smooth. The rough textured grip Is the thing I like most about the Hinderer designed ZT560 so maybe it's more personal preference.

08a7a0f5fac28899f26072dcbb2e2f21.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great review ToolAA, the pic makes this knife look head and shoulders better than the others!

Here's a prior post of the knife with pics ...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3890047

Wonderful, great pics, here's my favorite:

attachment.php

Wow, that's a beautiful knife. :whoa:

I know right!?!

Price is now down to about $100. Deal is over in another day or two; I missed it last time they offererd it.

Love the knife!
    I got my first CPM steel knife in S90V (Spyderco) and yes these are great metals.

Same here. I can really tell why these are wonder steels. S35VN is among my favorites, one of the very best, might be the best.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Nah, they just put out some deals that are decent.

I was looking at this knife, but was wondering about the grip. Being that it is metal, does it feel right to certain hands, or is it not so high that most hands won't get "cut up" just holding it.

Q

It wasnt a serious question... just a joke. My wife has started to notice how many knives I have and recognizes some of them, especially my EDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom