Suspects arrested in shooting of Germantown high school seniors (June 2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Law enforcement is suggesting that the killings may have been in retaliation for a theft after a drug deal gone bad 6 months ago and one of the murdered students was a collateral target ...

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/police-arrests-made-in-double-slaying-of-germantown-teens/10038433

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5c70cc-5372-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html

The Post article above is much richer in detail (right down to Blazer brand 40 S&W being used in the shooting). It indicates that one of the suspected killers was involved in another drug-related shooting in February where he may have been the target, and he used his younger brother to call and setup one of the Germantown high schoolers for the retaliatory killing (for the drug deal gone bad 6 months ago).

Earlier report here ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8d1514-4aa4-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html

I searched but can't find an MDS thread on the topic (which I thought existed?).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The Post article above is much richer in detail (right down to Blazer brand 40 S&W being used in the shooting).

FMJ ?

It indicates that one of the suspected killers was involved in another drug-related shooting in February where he may have been the target, and he used his younger brother to call and setup one of the Germantown high schoolers for the retaliatory killing (for the drug deal gone bad 6 months ago).

Really, what are you supposed to do with evil like that ? 1 appeal and a fair hanging sounds about right.

[/Quote]
    I searched but can't find an MDS thread on the topic (which I thought existed?).
    [/QUOTE]

Discussion was in the general purpose DC metro crime information thread.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    In 40 S&W, I bet it's only FMJ.

Thanks. See it now. Looks like you called it earlier (at least the precipitating event) ...

Well, I expected this to be about them picking up some pills or weed for the graduation after-party. The revenge hit for an event 6mo in the past was an interesting twist.

One thing is clear, someone
    - wanted them very dead
    - didn't listen up in Hitman class

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Seems like criminals killing criminals to me.

People seem like they are blinded by the fact that they were going to graduate soon...like that means something.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Seems like criminals killing criminals to me.

People seem like they are blinded by the fact that they were going to graduate soon...like that means something.
    No evidence or speculation that the Eagle scout killed in the shooting was a criminal. He was with his friend that was selling a graduation ceremony ticket and possibly had no knowledge that his friend was in trouble. Obviously his friend was oblivious to any degree of danger he was based on text messages he sent to a friend ('selling a graduation ticket to so-and-so'). The person identified in the text was what led police to the killers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No evidence or speculation that the Eagle scout killed in the shooting was a criminal. He was with his friend that was selling a graduation ceremony ticket and possibly had no knowledge that his friend was in trouble. Obviously his friend was oblivious to any degree of danger he was based on text messages he sent to a friend ('selling a graduation ticket to so-and-so'). The person identified in the text was what led police to the killers.

Either way, sounds like street justice to me(and there's nothing just about it when innocents get caught in the cross-fire) if this proves to be the case. Very sad.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    First link and report I read in a different report stated Glaser .40 S&W ammo, Washington Poopoo says Blazer. Wanna bet which is right? :sad20:

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Is it me or has the media been a little too quiet regarding the suspects' immigration status. Now I'm really curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner 37m37 minutes ago

Father of Shadi Najjiar says his son was not a drug dealer or a drug addict. He was a good boy.

Dindu...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is it me or has the media been a little too quiet regarding the suspects' immigration status. Now I'm really curious.

two are US citizens, one is a legal permanent resident (whatever that is)

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    two are US citizens, one is a legal permanent resident (whatever that is)
    Do you have a source? I've been searching and cannot find anything on the interwebs.

Edit later: Nevermind. I found something, looks like ABC7 updated their story. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom