• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    Back...

I did ask about the FBI check, and she stated that "everything is back". It seems (just my own math) that the interviews are not scheduled until it is ALL back.

That is correct. MSP typically does not do the interview until the FBI check is back and good. That actually makes sense; if you're disqualified on background why waste the Trooper's time for an interview?

In the G&S days, once the interview was completed (the last step), the permit would be in hand in 2-4 weeks.

Mr H

Banana'd
    That is correct. MSP typically does not do the interview until the FBI check is back and good. That actually makes sense; if you're disqualified on background why waste the Trooper's time for an interview?
    In the G&S days, once the interview was completed (the last step), the permit would be in hand in 2-4 weeks.

Completely agree... I decided to ask because there was some question here about how quickly the FBI portion came back these days. The answer was along the lines of "almost instant these days".

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Still not a single solitary person from Cecil County contacted about an interview. You'd need a crystal ball to understand how this whole process works.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

I'm at day 37 since the receipt of my application, I got a clear background check within a week of applying and I still have heard nothing. You would think that they would have everything back on me by now.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Still not a single solitary person from Cecil County contacted about an interview. You'd need a crystal ball to understand how this whole process works.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only member from Garrett county that has applied, but I have an Allegany county mailing address, and I'm not even sure which barrack has my application.
    I think Mooseman had his interview the other day, he's an Allegany county resident and he submitted his application after me, so who knows.

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    So in a sense they should be able to put these out within a month? My interview was 2 weeks after they received my app.

Based on what they do, the limiting factor (and I am speaking of G&S time) was getting the Trooper (who has other duties) to set up and conduct the interview. In some cases, your application folder that the Trooper has on his/her desk during the interview already has the permit paper-clipped on the inside cover.

The interview is the last step in the process. Once that is done, the Trooper sends the folder back to HQ with notes from the interview and a pass/fail regarding the interview. At that point, the permit is created (unless already created), entered into the system and mailed out.

The background check, the approval of G&S, and typically the references are already done when you have the interview.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So in a sense they should be able to put these out within a month? My interview was 2 weeks after they received my app.
    I got mine within 2 weeks of the interview (this was a while back, I have G&S).

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm at day 37 since the receipt of my application, I got a clear background check within a week of applying and I still have heard nothing. You would think that they would have everything back on me by now.

My app. was mailed March 20, supposedly received March 23 (as indicated on the return receipt) and my check was cashed March 26. Apart from the CJIS clearance (dated March 22), I have not heard a peep. Anyone else from Frederick County apply or heard anything?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    1. March 12, 2012 MSP signed for my application.

2. Rcvd letter March 19, 2012 from MD Department of Public Safety & Correctional Sevices

. No Criminal history was found under the MD statute or regulation authorizing you to receive the info. (what does this mean?)

. A fingerprint supported national criminal history record check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only. (what does this mean?

I haven't receive any further communications, live in AA County

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    1. March 12, 2012 MSP signed for my application.

2. Rcvd letter March 19, 2012 from MD Department of Public Safety & Correctional Sevices

. No Criminal history was found under the MD statute or regulation authorizing you to receive the info. (what does this mean?)

. A fingerprint supported national criminal history record check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only. (what does this mean?

I haven't receive any further communications, live in AA County

First point means that you have no criminal record in Maryland. Second point means that your prints have been forwarded too the FBI for the national criminal check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    My app. was mailed March 20, supposedly received March 23 (as indicated on the return receipt) and my check was cashed March 26. Apart from the CJIS clearance (dated March 22), I have not heard a peep. Anyone else from Frederick County apply or heard anything?

Earlier, I read where someone from Frederick had to go to Westminster for their interview. When he asked why Westminster, rather than Frederick, the Trooper didn't consider it to be that much of an inconvenience, as I remember it.
    As an aside, I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed at Hagerstown Barricks.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Earlier, I read where someone from Frederick had to go to Westminster for their interview. When he asked why Westminster, rather than Frederick, the Trooper didn't consider it to be that much of an inconvenience, as I remember it.
    As an aside, I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed at Hagerstown Barricks.

Is anyone being interviewed in an interrogation room (hidden camera, metal table bolted to floor, etc.)?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Is anyone being interviewed in an interrogation room (hidden camera, metal table bolted to floor, etc.)?

Leather restraints, 150 watt bulb in your face, Bad Cop/Good Cop games, and they slap you around with wet telephone books, so as to not leave any marks.

Some places, you have to pay for that sort of thing. No, wait, they DO charge you a "fee".

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA

Live & work in Frederick. Had my app in a few days before you. Check cashed, refs called, FtF interview in Westminster on the 4th, no word since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom