• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    My son and I had some fun shooting my new Henry Pump Action 22 yesterday. It was the first shooting. It is pretty cool, and very different feel for a Henry. It seemed a little tighter and rougher in the action than their lever action guns. Maybe it will smooth out after some use. Here is a short video:

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    Interesting rifle. I have one of their leverguns and I'm not a fan of the buckhorn sight. Keep us updated if the action smoothes out through use.

Thanks for sharing.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm interested in that.

Can you describe the finish on the recever?
    The levers seem to have a cheap fragile finish.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    the Receiver

I'm interested in that.

Can you describe the finish on the recever?
    The levers seem to have a cheap fragile finish.

It looks like a standard Henry finish on their "black" rifles. I haven't used it enough to make a judgement about fragile or not. I'll be testing the new TruGlo fiber optics sights today. Will report later. I'm worried that the front fiber sight sits too high.

Attachments

• HenryPumpReceiver.jpg
      HenryPumpReceiver.jpg
      85.8 KB · Views: 435

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Out to the range again with the Henry Pump

I took the Henry Pump Action out to the range this morning. With the new TruGlo Fiber Optic sights installed. At 25 yards it was real good for me. At 50 the spread opened up more but that was the shooters fault. I forgot to wear my pinhole aperture patch. Here is the video of the 25 yard before and after some adjustments.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    It looks plenty accurate, although, with a good scope of course is the best way to test. But, you have a 5 shot group that looks like 0.5 inch or less at 25 yards which is what I would think it is capable of. What type of ammo did you use. I would always use the blck and red WOLF MATCH TARGET ammo, which for the money, is the most accurate I have ever used. It would give me .25 at 25 yards or less with a couple custom built 10/22's I built.

But looks like a lot of fun. I bought a old Remington model 12 ( or 12A ? ) pump to restore but I am going to need to resleeve the barrel when I start working on it again..hahahahaha The rifle is over 100 years old, and looks GREAT, excet for the barrel...:-)

Have fun...more ammo around now a days to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom