• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    The cool part is that after you buy said lower, you can use the lower to turn arround and get a hql training exempt.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    7 day cooling off period still applies, regardless if this is your first or 100th handgun purchase.

It's not a cooling off period. It's the time it takes to mail an application to MSP and receive a "not dissapproved " back via mail.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Go back to the debate and legislative intent in 1966 , it was all about Cooling Off Period .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am about to 'exercise' my 2A right using my brand new MD HQL.

Question:

Does the 7 day waiting period still apply, or can I pay for and take my new handgun home on the same day after the background check goes through ?

:lol:

Thinks HQL was designed to streamline to process.

HQL means you have to get permission just to wait more time.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    :lol:

Thinks HQL was designed to streamline to process.

HQL means you have to get permission just to wait more time.

Yeah, wishful thinking on my part. But, I should have figured that NOTHING good came out of FSA2013, despite what Spinny Vinny had to say about it.

BALTIMORE HOMICIDES
    • 2013 - 235
    • 2014 - 211
    • 2015 - 342
    • 2016 - 318
    • 2017 - 342
    • 2018 to date - 179 (on pace for another 300+ year)

Funny (ironic, not haha) that FSA2013 had the opposite effect.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    So they have a record of every gun I own that was on a 77r?
    Not to sidetrack Cold Steel's thread but I think he got his answer so here goes. Say you take some of your form 77r purchased firearms to a Md. FFL to sell and he logs them in on his books and then sells them. Maybe he sells in Md. where another 77r gets generated for that gun, maybe he sells on GB and ships out of state to another FFL. How then would the state's "Database" be current ??

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    77Rs are like Herpes , they're forever, and never go away .

( This might seem like humor , but seriously for real )

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Not to sidetrack Cold Steel's thread but I think he got his answer so here goes. Say you take some of your form 77r purchased firearms to a Md. FFL to sell and he logs them in on his books and then sells them. Maybe he sells in Md. where another 77r gets generated for that gun, maybe he sells on GB and ships out of state to another FFL. How then would the state's "Database" be current ??

The database includes every gun you ever filed a form 77 on, including the ones you have since gotten rid of. In addition the same gun can be in the database multiple times, once for each time someone filed a form 77 for that particular gun.

Just another example of Maryland useless databases (like the fired shell database) just another way to waste taxpayers money while keeping unnecessary people employed doing worthless "make work". The only purpose is political, making it as hard as they can on the law abiding gun owners (that pesky 2nd Amendment keeps getting in the way of their true goal).

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    It's not. That's why MD is a joke

The database includes every gun you ever filed a form 77 on, including the ones you have since gotten rid of. In addition the same gun can be in the database multiple times, once for each time someone filed a form 77 for that particular gun.

Just another example of Maryland useless databases (like the fired shell database) just another way to waste taxpayers money while keeping unnecessary people employed doing worthless "make work". The only purpose is political, making it as hard as they can on the law abiding gun owners (that pesky 2nd Amendment keeps getting in the way of their true goal).

Thanks ! I suspected this was the case :sad20:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

This will eventually get blown out of the water when MSP arrests someone for not turning in a gun they have not owned in decades.

It depends on who searches where in what data base. My nephew PG Co officer confirmed this by searching himself and seeing his sale to me no longer showed him as the owner of a certain handgun. If one searches only the 77r data, yes a gun stays 77r'ed to you forever.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The form 77R per se was that era, the 7 day wait, and whatever form of "background check " back then started 1966 .

And now you have me trying to think back to the form circa 1981 . In hindsight I should have payed more attention to the details , but it was one sheet, with a carbon paper IIRC .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom