• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    We are a group of people he couldn't care less about and he'll sign any gun control measure that crosses his desk to appeal to Dems.

He's already made it clear he'd sign multiple specific bills. What are we gaining other than prolonging the inevitable?

Someone gets it. ^^^^^

A slim chance he may do something or prolong the inevitable is still a chance we would not be afforded from a D Governor. I also wouldn't not vote for him over a single issue.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    A slim chance he may do something or prolong the inevitable is still a chance we would not be afforded from a D Governor. I also wouldn't not vote for him over a single issue.

I’m not a single issue voter either but can’t really think of anything else he’s done other than “I got you a dollar” on the bay bridge toll. He has no backbone and takes us for granted knowing that he already has us in his court much like the Democrats have done to the minority voters for years. There’s much more I could say about him but this is not the time or place on this post.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I never get the I am not voting for Hogan or Trump talk .. I am not sure who I am voting for but if they are the best at the time then I suppose they get my vote .

I can't see me voting for a Frosh look-a-like just to make a point . That just isn't smart

I agree, people who will cut off their nose to spite their face are a mystery to me. Having a president that does 60% of what you want is better than a president that does 10% of what you want. The all or nothing view is contrary to your best interest and is what got us Obama for two terms.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I agree, people who will cut off their nose to spite their face are a mystery to me. Having a president that does 60% of what you want is better than a president that does 10% of what you want. The all or nothing view is contrary to your best interest and is what got us Obama for two terms.

This.

All these why cry baby tantrums from people who say they are not going to vote for Hogan wear me out. Go ahead then and hand this state back to a D guv and let it sink further into the toilet for your kids and grand kids. Genius.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    This.

All these why cry baby tantrums from people who say they are not going to vote for Hogan wear me out. Go ahead then and hand this state back to a D guv and let it sink further into the toilet for your kids and grand kids. Genius.

I wouldn't expect anything less profound than this. Nothing more dignified than thanking daddy for the scraps of only banning your bump stocks and openly musing he'll sign more bills. Feels good, doesn't it?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Nah. I voted for Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump reluctantly. Two lost, one doesn't look good and the other was openly opposed to my views. Not really cutting off my nose to spite my face when the end game of the respective parties' policies are largely the same they just do it for different reasons.

I'm trying to think of a single Republican President that rolled back any gun control (for example) since the ill-fated FOPA of 1986. Struggling here. But hey at least Bush's DOJ managed to ban importing barrels and he supported renewing the Assault Weapons Ban! I guess that's your 60% winning.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What have we had, 2, republican governors in 50 years and they both said to the 2 a community, wait till my second term and I will help you...... oh shyte, that was only erchlic, Hogan’s not helping us and won’t say he even considers it. Hell for all I know he’s an anti, since if I send an email about guns or not voting anti he doesn’t answer. Funny though, I send an email this morning about donating some money and someone up in his office answered right away and when I responded that I would like him to say something publicly about being pro 2 a before I send the money I don’t get another response.

That makes me even more suspicious that I am being duped by thinking he was pro 2a in the first place.

I don't vote for democrats...period..even when they have an R next to their name. Hogan can't stop the GA from passing anything so saying putting the state in the hands of a D is a cop out..Hogan can do nothing to stop any bill the GA wants to pass..if he signs pro gun control bills he is no better than a D..I won't vote against him, but me and a bunch of others will stay home...I'm not rewarding anyone who takes away my rights..

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    The prolonging is what 'm hoping for. Putting a dem in that office takes away any future we as gun owners have to work out solutions. Once a dem is in that office, it will be open season on gun owners.

That's a fact.
    Isn't it open season on us now?
    The MGA doesn't need Hogan's permission or signature, and can do anything they want. They don't need to fight Hogan, because he is a powerless pawn.
    I feel like we have Brown in office.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I wouldn't expect anything less profound than this. Nothing more dignified than thanking daddy for the scraps of only banning your bump stocks and openly musing he'll sign more bills. Feels good, doesn't it?

What have we had, 2, republican governors in 50 years and they both said to the 2 a community, wait till my second term and I will help you...... oh shyte, that was only erchlic, Hogan’s not helping us and won’t say he even considers it. Hell for all I know he’s an anti, since if I send an email about guns or not voting anti he doesn’t answer. Funny though, I send an email this morning about donating some money and someone up in his office answered right away and when I responded that I would like him to say something publicly about being pro 2 a before I send the money I don’t get another response.

That makes me even more suspicious that I am being duped by thinking he was pro 2a in the first place.

I don't vote for democrats...period..even when they have an R next to their name. Hogan can't stop the GA from passing anything so saying putting the state in the hands of a D is a cop out..Hogan can do nothing to stop any bill the GA wants to pass..if he signs pro gun control bills he is no better than a D..I won't vote against him, but me and a bunch of others will stay home...I'm not rewarding anyone who takes away my rights..

So I expect to see all of you either next Monday night or Tuesday during gun bill day in Annapolis, right? You are going to go stand up and fight for your rights aren't you?

Because surely if it's important enough to not vote for Hogan over then it's important enough to do something other than sit back and bang on your keyboard, right?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Well, what exactly has that stuff netted us? Not saying it's not honorable or not the right thing to do. We still have to fight the fight, but it gets kind of disheartening putting forth all the time and effort to show up and protest in front of a bunch of people who hate you and will NEVER change their 2A stance no matter how many people show up to a rally, picket, gun bill day or anything else. They've already made up their mind, that's how they'll vote. You can't change their mind and they know it. Unless they feel they may lose their seat, but because of the makeup of their districts, they'll never be voted out. Futility?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Well, what exactly has that stuff netted us? Not saying it's not honorable or not the right thing to do. We still have to fight the fight, but it gets kind of disheartening putting forth all the time and effort to show up and protest in front of a bunch of people who hate you and will NEVER change their 2A stance no matter how many people show up to a rally, picket, gun bill day or anything else. They've already made up their mind, that's how they'll vote. You can't change their mind and they know it. Unless they feel they may lose their seat, but because of the makeup of their districts, they'll never be voted out. Futility?

The only answer is to change the make up of the GA. Target specific members for unemployment. So far, the letter and testimony campaign has not yielded dramatic results.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In any election you have to make a choice I have never seen a perfect to my mind candidate. So you have to choose between compromises and if you don't choose the best or at least the not worst candidate, who has a chance to win, you are throwing your vote away. Feel free to vote for people in multi people races in order to make a statement but if you vote for the "best" who hasn't a snowballs chance then you threw your vote away. Idealism is noble but practical will get you further in the long run.

I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat I am a conservative and I will register and vote and support whoever will further the conservative cause.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So I expect to see all of you either next Monday night or Tuesday during gun bill day in Annapolis, right? You are going to go stand up and fight for your rights aren't you?

Because surely if it's important enough to not vote for Hogan over then it's important enough to do something other than sit back and bang on your keyboard, right?

I have been to Annapolis to testify, IMO it didn’t help. They got what they wanted for the most part and what I wanted was ignored. But now I am starting to believe what some other MSU folks here have told me. My kind, far right wingers, aren’t wanted in msi and what I do to help with this fight, meet my reps, email all those assholes that sponsor this shit, and donate when I can to pro 2a reps , is a waste of my time.

It’s been my observation that tha PP does good work but most of the time the bitch and belittle the work everyone else does. Well so be it.

When folks finally run enough people from the cause it will be lost.

So if you don’t like my posts don’t read them. I do everything that I can when I can and you have no idea what that really is now,do you?

So in closing, fvck hogan if he’s going to turn out to be an anti. He won’t get my vote unless he does or says something pro 2a.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have been to Annapolis to testify, IMO it didn’t help. They got what they wanted for the most part and what I wanted was ignored. But now I am starting to believe what some other MSU folks here have told me. My kind, far right wingers, aren’t wanted in msi and what I do to help with this fight, meet my reps, email all those assholes that sponsor this shit, and donate when I can to pro 2a reps , is a waste of my time.

It’s been my observation that tha PP does good work but most of the time the bitch and belittle the work everyone else does. Well so be it.

When folks finally run enough people from the cause it will be lost.

So if you don’t like my posts don’t read them. I do everything that I can when I can and you have no idea what that really is now,do you?

So in closing, fvck hogan if he’s going to turn out to be an anti. He won’t get my vote unless he does or says something pro 2a.

Why don't you enlighten me?

What you can do is vote for someone who will control redistricting in 2020 and stop the gerrymandering which causes you and others who feel that those whom they testify in front of don't care.

If you aren't willing to do that then you are a part of the problem.

I am also a hard right winger but I am pragmatic enough to know where I live and how to get what I want accomplished instead of throwing a tantrum.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Agreed, the only way we stand a chance to improve the 2a treatment in MD is by changing the makeup of the General Assembly. Our best bet to do that is to get Hogan re-elected so that he’s in office for the next redistricting, and hopefully puts an end to this gerrymandering bs.

While you may not like him, I hope you’ll consider voting for him, he’s better than any D alternative.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Why don't you enlighten me?

What you can do is vote for someone who will control redistricting in 2020 and stop the gerrymandering which causes you and others who feel that those whom they testify in front of don't care.

If you aren't willing to do that then you are a part of the problem.

I am also a hard right winger but I am pragmatic enough to know where I live and how to get what I want accomplished instead of throwing a tantrum.

I throw no tantrum. Hogan’s not pro 2a like I thought he would be. He has time to prove me wrong. If so I will vote for him. I have said it a hundred times, all he has to do is say something pro 2a, that’s all, but he will not.

And if he signs any anti gun legislation it makes him an anti, period , and I can never vote for him.

See, it’s simple.

The balls in his court. What he does with it is up to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom