When it comes to buying guns, I have poor impulse control.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Used at the LGS; priced too good to pass on.

51b12ba842aab85fec2c6411c7bf154f.jpg

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    If that's the .50, get ready for a fun ride.
    Got to shoot one owned by a fellow MDshooter and it was a hoot.
    After one mag, I was ready to hand it back.
    Chambering a round sounds like chambering a shotgun shell due to the size.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    My uncle had one that was multi caliber if I remember.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    This is a model XIX, so it's easily convertable. Press a button, throw a lever, swap barrels, and you have a different caliber. It takes 30 seconds. I think I may pick up a 10" 44 mag conversion for hunting, if the gun shoots.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    This is a model XIX, so it's easily convertable. Press a button, throw a lever, swap barrels, and you have a different caliber. It takes 30 seconds. I think I may pick up a 10" 44 mag conversion for hunting, if the gun shoots.
    His was 357/41/44 mag if I remember right. It was crazy heavy, sold it for that reason but seeing it as a 10/12 year old. It was so damn cool!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    honestly that gun is just too big and too much for me, my BIL has one .50 & .44 mag. the .44 is no big deal but the .50 ends up near my head. he also has a .460 revolver and that is way easier to control, with a comp and smaller grips.

but yeah i'd say most of us suffer from impulse control, at least regarding firearms.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I've got one chambered in 44mag. What the finish on yours? Mine is satin nickel and looks close to yours but they have so many finishes. The mags are hard to find in the same finish as now days they only make them blued and just the floor plate in some different finishes.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I've got one chambered in 44mag. What the finish on yours? Mine is satin nickel and looks close to yours but they have so many finishes. The mags are hard to find in the same finish as now days they only make them blued and just the floor plate in some different finishes.
    Brushed chrome. I think a lot of the finishes look nearly identical.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unless you have them sitting next to each other, brushed chrome looks much like satin nickle. Side by side, there is subtle difference in coloration.

And the chrome is more wear resistant, and the nickle more corrosion resistant. But both are way more wear and corrision resistant than blued.

Felt recoil is highly subjective. *To me* , the .50DE is similar to average size .44mag revolver with full power load, and noticably less than .454 . But may seem different to those who don't have Sasquatch sized hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom