• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I fully understand this. However, I don't believe that this bill is anywhere near as far fetched as the proposed "Testicular Bill of Rights" that was submitted in Georgia. This sounds unfortunately like a bill that many people would find reasonable. Especially when you take into account the press coverage stating that supposedly minors won't get in trouble for posting pictures of family hunting trips, etc. They will feel that it is just aimed at the minors who are posting "gangsta style" pictures of themselves with guns that are illegal for them to own.

I have no issue if police want to open a case to see if possession of a firearm by a minor is occurring (pursuent to whatever FL laws on the topic may be). But otherwise making it a criminal offiense is BS. Minors still have protection under the bill of rights. That means they are protected under the first amendment and this law is flaggarantly against the constitution.

At best it would be illegal if it could be shown that the person posing with said gun is somehow communicating an IMMINENT true threat. Posing as a gangster with a gun isn’t. Posing with one, tagging someone and saying “I am coming for you”.

Okay, now it’s a true threat and not protected speech. Until then, F you, this is America, jog on.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    AFAIK this isn't law, just a bill that has been proposed. It is unlikely to pass, and therefore it won't get heard in court.

I wouldn't take that for granted. Until last year, who would have thought that FL of all places would move the purchase age for long guns to 21 ?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Don't hold breath.

I'm still waiting for the litigation that strikes down the ban on pencil barrels. Wonder when that one is coming?

MSI tried. It got as far as 4th Circuit, but SCOTUS denied cert. District court judge essentially gave complete deference to MD's arguments, ignoring any evidence that disagreed with her intended outcome. Case was Kolbe vs. O'Malley.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/counselor-s-corner/135-frosh-opposes-msi-s-petition-for-cert-in-kolbe

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Pencil barrels are not an issue covered by the first amendment.

That is their argument.
    My argument is that it is in fact an infringement and should not be in place. It's their way of trying to limit what we can have, nothing more. A pencil barrel is no more "dangerous" than an hbar. It weighs less, so by that rationale any barrel that weighs less than an hbar is dangerous and should be banned? Silly rules that have no logic to their making.

MSI tried. It got as far as 4th Circuit, but SCOTUS denied cert. District court judge essentially gave complete deference to MD's arguments, ignoring any evidence that disagreed with her intended outcome. Case was Kolbe vs. O'Malley.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/counselor-s-corner/135-frosh-opposes-msi-s-petition-for-cert-in-kolbe

Thanks for that, I did not know. Will read definitely.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It seems the proposed law bans minors from posting pictures. Therefore parents and other adults are free to post all the pictures of minors with guns that they want. Anyone have a picture of a three year old with an Evil Black Rifle? Post it and watch liberal heads explode!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    i guess 1a is long and strong, unless it involves 2a issues...

Yup...…….we are not far from

fahrenheit451.jpg

Sure it may not pass but even that people are getting semi positive coverage for raising these ideas is indicative of the sheep we call citizens (oh wait its Florida).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom