Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 5th, 2019, 06:42 PM #101
The one with two L

The one with two L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack C-85 View Post
My buddy got me the seed I used, but any ag supply/farmers co-op should have it. It's a prevalent cover crop in MD.
There is a state specification for it. MDOT and the counties buy the stuff for road projects in the fall. Not sure though whether it isn't too late for a cover crop in January. Don't think we would have the soil temp for it to germinate. The contractor should put down these straw mats to control erosion until the spring. Either way, the yard is going to be a mud-bog until June.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 09:49 AM #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWarMonger View Post
Antco you're a brave man I would have walked away along time ago, but wish you good luck, if this deal falls through stick to St. leonard and above in Calvert county for homes
At times, I can put together enough lucidity to see that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.

But sometimes I get it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
Not sure though whether it isn't too late for a cover crop in January. Don't think we would have the soil temp for it to germinate. The contractor should put down these straw mats to control erosion until the spring. Either way, the yard is going to be a mud-bog until June.
I agree; mud bog until the April showers bring the May flowers. My kids already have muck boots. They're prepared.
"A bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but one hardly admires vultures whom bureaucrats so strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of a little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures."

-Cicero 50 B.C.

antco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:39 PM #103

Final paperwork has been produced by the sellers and the contractor. I wired my cash to close to title today. I'm signing for me, and also signing everything as POA for my wife, this Friday morning. I will have a sore right hand by Friday afternoon.
"A bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but one hardly admires vultures whom bureaucrats so strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of a little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures."

-Cicero 50 B.C.

Old January 14th, 2019, 04:45 PM #104

We've closed and moved in. I've put a turd into my brand new sewage system. It's officially mine now.

The hassle of moving is just about done! The hassle of UNPACKING is due to begin this week and next. Comcast needs to come out and trench in a new cable line from the green box; the existing had a ridiculous signal loss so the Comcast man ran a surface temporary cable for now and this internet is FAST.

-Cicero 50 B.C.

Old January 14th, 2019, 05:35 PM #105
The one with two L

The one with two L

Quote:
Originally Posted by antco View Post
We've closed and moved in. I've put a turd into my brand new sewage system. It's officially mine now.
Congrats ! (I think)

Does the controller that comes with your new high-tech turd dissolution machine show you to entire trip of the turd through the system ? At that price, it should...

Quote:
The hassle of moving is just about done! The hassle of UNPACKING is due to begin this week and next.
I am currently in the process of unpacking the last boxes from a move 10 years ago Unfortunately, I know there are some documents somewhere in those boxes, so I can't just toss them unopened.

Quote:
Comcast needs to come out and trench in a new cable line from the green box; the existing had a ridiculous signal loss so the Comcast man ran a surface temporary cable for now and this internet is FAST.
As you'll have to restore most of your backyard grass anyway, just tell the comcast guy not to put down his weed-mix after he plows the new coax (they don't trench, just a little plow on some kind of powered wheelbarrow). Just make it part of your overall spring restoration project.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland