• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    With the court not hearing any new cases in March, and now April

https://www.courthousenews.com/supreme-court-puts-off-another-month-of-oral-arguments/

We may get an opinion sooner, rather than later.

Logically the court would want to get all of the cases they’ve already heard finished and out of the way since the March/April orals will need to be heard and then decided relatively fast.
    However there’s 2 wild cards-
    Even if NYSRPA is finished would they release immediately or hold until the end of the term?
    Also, does SCOTUS consider altering their calendar (work in summer or boot some cases to next term).

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Logically the court would want to get all of the cases they’ve already heard finished and out of the way since the March/April orals will need to be heard and then decided relatively fast.
    However there’s 2 wild cards-
    Even if NYSRPA is finished would they release immediately or hold until the end of the term?
    Also, does SCOTUS consider altering their calendar (work in summer or boot some cases to next term).

I think modifying the calendar is somewhat uncharted territory.

In the case of releasing a ruling, I would not be surprised to see it held until end of term regardless so that all justices can GTFO of the area before it goes public.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Roberts is likely writing the majority opinion (and this is likely to be a complex multi-part opinion related to both mootness and 2A).

Roberts has not issued any opinions yet. In fact, Roberts is the only justice not to have issued one or more opinions to date. Most have issued 2 (except Kavanaugh, only one).

It seems as though impeachment delayed Roberts work, contrary to maybe what we thought. Hard to say since he also tends to take the 5-4 cases, which are hard by definition.

I'd get comfy for a few more months. I would bet hard against seeing an opinion before June.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Roberts is likely writing the majority opinion (and this is likely to be a complex multi-part opinion related to both mootness and 2A).

Roberts has not issued any opinions yet. In fact, Roberts is the only justice not to have issued one or more opinions to date. Most have issued 2 (except Kavanaugh, only one).

It seems as though impeachment delayed Roberts work, contrary to maybe what we thought. Hard to say since he also tends to take the 5-4 cases, which are hard by definition.

I'd get comfy for a few more months. I would bet hard against seeing an opinion before June.

I hope that's not true. Some have suggested that if Roberts writes the opinion we are boned.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019

On the bright side, that's only only about 2.5 months of waiting now. :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I hope that's not true. Some have suggested that if Roberts writes the opinion we are boned.

I think its hard to predict where Roberts will come out on mootness. I think he really only asked one or two questions at oral argument, and they can be read either way. From an institutional perspective, he should come out against this kind of last minute game playing, but its hard to predict.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I think its hard to predict where Roberts will come out on mootness. I think he really only asked one or two questions at oral argument, and they can be read either way. From an institutional perspective, he should come out against this kind of last minute game playing, but its hard to predict.

Wasn't he threatened by the D's?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

As long as it's a "tax", he'll allow it...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not a lawyer, or anything close to it, but I still can't believe that ruling. Even Kennedy was against him.

The Dems own Roberts' closet, skeletons and all. He's got too sweet a gig, and he's way too young, to man up and lose it all, for the sake of intangibles like principles and honor.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The Dems own Roberts' closet, skeletons and all. He's got too sweet a gig, and he's way too young, to man up and lose it all, for the sake of intangibles like principles and honor.

Yet the democrats shit on him, any chance they get. Call the court the Roberts court and all kinds of crap.

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020

Agreed. There is no other explanation as to how someone loses their spine all of a sudden.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I really hope I’m wrong but I think Roberts is going to f*^k is worse than Ned Beatty got it in Deliverance.
    I don’t trust Roberts AT ALL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yet the democrats shit on him, any chance they get. Call the court the Roberts court and all kinds of crap.

SCOTUS is often named after the Chief Justice of the moment. Not necessarily a slur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom