• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, word on the street is that these don't work great with Colt/Glock uppers because of the plastic ejector getting busted up fast, but are really pretty good with the CMMG Guard uppers. YMMV.

I will also say that I'd prefer to be slapping AR-sized mags into my AR rather than deal with pistol-sized mags, but there's arguments to be made both ways.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just because it can be made doesn't mean it should be made. It's a solution looking for a problem. I would much rather have a complete firearm geared for the caliber it's meant to shoot. If they run with this product, I hope it functions as intended.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I would much rather have a complete firearm geared for the caliber it's meant to shoot. If they run with this product, I hope it functions as intended.
    Running a 9mm AR means you've already broken that rule. Stoner and Sullivan never intended that platform to run pistol calibers. Colt basically hacked the platform to run in 9mm, hence the use of a hack-ish pinned magwell and converted Uzi mags. Don't even get me started on using Glock mags - that's hardly a Stoner design!

The important thing here is that your gun runs reliably. If the MEAN mags can do that, that's all that counts.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Since they aren't really "magazines", can they be sold/shipped to MD, as long, of course, they are modified in Pennsylvania?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Since they aren't really "magazines", can they be sold/shipped to MD, as long, of course, they are modified in Pennsylvania?

They come set to 10 rounds. You have to modify the follower to accept more than 10 rounds. I ordered some and they shipped. They will be 10 rounders until I travel out of MD in the near future.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Personally I think the magwell inserts that are trickling out are probably a better solution, but these sort of make sense if you own a registered machine gun, SBR, or don't want to buy a 9mm lower. I could also see this appealing to folk who want to train with normal magazines to closely mimic their real kit but can't use 5.56 for some reason. Maybe their range does not allow it (shooting steel at closer range, no rifle rounds, etc), or they want to use cheaper 9mm ammo.

Cool idea, the market will decide if there is a place for it . . .

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Mag insert 40$-150$
    Glock 30rd mags 30$ each

Pmags 12$-15$ each
    Endomag 3 pack $90

It may be a little cheaper to go with the Endomags depending on which insert you choose. Not all if any of the inserts have a LRBHO either.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I finished putting my 9mm together yesterday and am using the Endomags. I had to do a little fitting to get them working correctly. When I first tried one, it locked the bolt open with one round remaining in the mag. A little trimming with the Dremel to a small tab on the adaptors fixed the issue and they all appear to feed and eject properly.

I won't get to the range for a couple of weeks, but I am really looking forward to testing out the new build.

The Endomag 3 pack is a decent value and allows you to have 90 rounds ready to go and are fairly easy to load to capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom