• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    While not in Rockville, we've had managed deer culling in the MoCo state park behind our house for the past several Winters. Supposedly carried out by sharpshooters with silenced rifles, but I can't really confirm that since I've never heard any :), although I have seen some blood trails.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It sounded like a company was going to be hired for this in an article I read

If it going to be a company, they might as well just use rifles and kill as many as possible. MoCo really has one heck of a deer problem. Then again, I had a button buck at my front door the other day around 11:00 am and have seen him almost every night at the bottom of the driveway. On occasion, I run into his 7 sisters in the driveway late at night.

Guessing the most "efficient" method would be to allow the people to use a rifle. lol

I've driven by Redgate golf course probably 500 times in my life. It used to be known as being country, but that was 30 years ago. Nowadays, it is the middle of the city. Surprised that they could get this through.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Agreed

If it going to be a company, they might as well just use rifles and kill as many as possible. MoCo really has one heck of a deer problem. Then again, I had a button buck at my front door the other day around 11:00 am and have seen him almost every night at the bottom of the driveway. On occasion, I run into his 7 sisters in the driveway late at night.

Guessing the most "efficient" method would be to allow the people to use a rifle. lol

I've driven by Redgate golf course probably 500 times in my life. It used to be known as being country, but that was 30 years ago. Nowadays, it is the middle of the city. Surprised that they could get this through.

Friggin overdevelopment has increased the population. Love the edges of woods and all the scrumptious plants people plant. Hell at my townhouse in Germantown I have a crabapple tree in my front yard. They love them, especially when fermenting for some reason. I call 118 the buck death march. Smells bad from all the rutting bucks being hit.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Didn’t they call in dc police or something to do some culling in Rock Creek Park a couple years ago? Heard they were allowed to use ARs and they talked about their using .223. I believe on wmal morning

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Friggin overdevelopment has increased the population. Love the edges of woods and all the scrumptious plants people plant. Hell at my townhouse in Germantown I have a crabapple tree in my front yard. They love them, especially when fermenting for some reason. I call 118 the buck death march. Smells bad from all the rutting bucks being hit.

From 2004 until early 2011, I lived in a townhouse in Germantown right across from the Target on 355. Cannot remember what the development was called. We were surrounded by condos and then there was single family houses across the way. In between, there was green space and a storm water drainage area that was not really a pond, but a swamp. Had deer all over the place there. Got Lyme disease there in 2009 and I am still paying for that BS to this day.

Couple pics from that townhouse.

Attachments

• MdShooters23.jpg
      MdShooters23.jpg
      99 KB · Views: 172
    • MdShooters24.jpg
      MdShooters24.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 188
    • MdShooters25.jpg
      MdShooters25.jpg
      80.4 KB · Views: 170
    • MdShooters26.jpg