• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    If anyone is at senate judicial today. Introduce yourself. I’m a mod 30’s guy in a blue suit with a maroon paisley tie. I’m jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not one person testified against shall issue. Zirkin was shocked that DC was shall issue. Hasn't that been over a year?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Not one person testified against shall issue. Zirkin was shocked that DC was shall issue. Hasn't that been over a year?

I may be tilting at windmills, but I plan on testifying in favor of shall issue Monday. Someone must.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Hopefully testimony today on SB346 poked so many holes in the bills that even a rat won’t touch that cheese. It was glorious. So good year by the time I got up to testify. Every single point I was going to make had already been touched on multiple times.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Just curious, who has some arguments at the ready for the 27th against the ban on 80% firearms and home manufacture? (SB08 and HB740)

Overhearing the moms today while in the foyer waiting to testify. This bill and the lgql are their two banner infringements this session. Mentions of getting their members to blow up the phones of the legislators because their staff only relays for or against (for most reps). We really need to get support of opposition to blow up the phones.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Just curious, who has some arguments at the ready for the 27th against the ban on 80% firearms and home manufacture? (SB08 and HB740)

Banning these will have NO effect on mass shootings or any other crime! Manufacturing handguns is NOT how criminals obtain guns. This law will only affect a small number of firearm hobbyists who manufacture their own guns, usually at a higher cost than purchasing them.

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    So far in my emails and voicemail I've stressed:

The ban on home/craft built firearms without serial numbers, "ghost guns" as referenced in the bill, would require persons who had built their own firearms in accordance with federal and local laws to surrender their home/craft built firearms. These are incredibly popular firearms allowing the end user to customize their gun to meet their needs specifically. I constantly see home built rifles and handguns when I go to the range due to the ergonomic enhancements, customization, and hand tailoring that is only possible through home manufacture. If the law passes as written, these individuals would become criminals overnight due to their firearms they tailored to suit their individual needs.

Criminals aren't buying milling machines, drill presses, or learning be precision machinists to build guns, they're either buying them on the black market from other criminals or stealing them from peoples homes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom