• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Got one with my car this morning :mad54:

At least I didn't have to drag it too far...

Daaaaamn! You and your car okay? I mean, you definitely saved yourself a broadhead with that one. Gotta look at the positives :D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yep, last year I missed a doe at 25 yards during early black powder season :o

I am sorry :sad20:

Last year I missed one at about the 25yds also. Waited for a big doe to walk past a thick pine tree, pulled the trigger as it ducked down. Dang it.

Oh well. Finishing a snack in my car and time to still hunt a bunch. Plenty of time left.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Daaaaamn! You and your car okay? I mean, you definitely saved yourself a broadhead with that one. Gotta look at the positives :D

I am fine, the car gave the deer a head shot. The front quarter panel and head light took the brunt of collision, car is still drive-able. opening the driver side door is another issue.

Deer is already at the processor. Mrs. Inigoes and Hunting Dog 2.0 came to the rescue with the pickup truck. ;)

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I am fine, the car gave the deer a head shot. The front quarter panel and head light took the brunt of collision, car is still drive-able. opening the driver side door is another issue.

Deer is already at the processor. Mrs. Inigoes and Hunting Dog 2.0 came to the rescue with the pickup truck. ;)

Good on you for not wasting the animal.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well that’s not supposed to be there. Just came across a big ladder stand. Definitely on public land, not the private land near by (it is about 100yds on to public land). I’d bet anything it is the land owner’s if the nearby property.

Twice in two years I’ve seen ladder stands on public land. Not the kind of things you’d be setting up in the dark of night and taking down at the end of the day.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    looks like a good deer! Sorry bout your vehicle...

Thanks

The good news: it is a $50 deductible.

Almost had another one.

As I was driving mine to the processor, some other driver hit one about 10 miles up the road. I stopped to check if she was okay, which she affirmed, and then I asked her if she wanted the deer. She responded no. So I went to check the deer, and she hit it in the hind quarter area, because the fresh kill, smelled like bile. I decided to pass on that one.

Hunters are chasing deer out of the woods and onto the road this morning.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I saw a few does moving this morning, including one who ran across right in front of my stand. No clean shots, unfortunately. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Now it uploads

Attachments

• E515EF43-D864-4D16-8C87-D305C8AC49CF.jpg
      E515EF43-D864-4D16-8C87-D305C8AC49CF.jpg
      186.7 KB · Views: 211

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    LOL...I kind of like the play by play we are getting. I keep checking the thread for updates.

Nothing exciting. A couple of turkeys I could have taken and a back cramp. Probably too windy right now for anything to want to move. Creeping along to see if I can find anywhere to hang my stand this evening.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    This evening I had a spike at 25 yds. Within 50yds I let a 4pt, a 2.5yo 8pt, a yearling doe and a fawn all walk. I was about a mile from my truck and if I have to drag something that far it's going to be either a nice buck or a smart old doe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom