• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I picked up a Yugo SKS today at the York gun show. Looks to be in really nice shape and nice bore. Got it at what I thought was a good price. It was the nicest SKS I saw at the show. The dealer I bought it from had to look on the Internet to make sure it was C&R. LOL. He wouldn't take my word for it.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    Yeah. I will get one for it just so it is complete. It wasn't a deal breaker for the price I got it especially since the cosmoline has already been removed.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Good idea to verify that the cosmoline has been removed internally, especially from the bolt & firing pin and inside the gas tube.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Pretty! As has been noted elsewhere, there were quite a few like-new Yugo SKSs for sale a couple of years ago. They'll come out of the safes sooner or later ... unless someone put them into tacti-fool stocks.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I like them to. This is my first Yugo SKS. I have been wanting one for a while but couldn't find one at a decent price that was in this good of shape.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I've got a few Yugos. All decent shooters. I also purchased one from a dealer once who, after receiving my funds and C&R called me to say he made a mistake the Yugo isnt C&R and what FFL did I want to ship to? We had a bit of an argument over that. Funny thing was he insisted Chinese was C&R, but Yugo was not. I assured him Russian and Yugo were, Chinese, most definitely, was not. (This was before the recent import of the C&R Chinese models.) After much arguing, he finally checked the ATF list... I didn't think that was going to go well. I definitely wasn't paying to have it transferred to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom