• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Nothing new for LAPD. I remember last year they got an inert AT4 tube off some kid and Charlie Beck got on the national news holding it saying they took a rocket launcher off the streets. :sad20:

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Without paper it can't be sold. Lot's StG-44's in the attic or footlocker. When Grandpa kicks or is put in the home some will be turned in and some won't. From the time when people didn't fear the tools.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    There are crates of those things in the middle east, with ammo. Syrian rebels are using them. Very sad that this one will be destroyed.:sad20:

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    The issue is whether it is transferable or not. Most likely not. There were many WWII vets that brought back full auto weapons and did not register them in the Amnesty after 68. Turning it in with no questions asked is removing a pretty big legal liability from one's plate. It's a cool piece of history particularly if there is some sort of provenance that can be traced.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A $200 gift card, how I do I get a ride on that gravy train? That's a nice payout for buy back program. You could go to WalMart and buy a .22 for $150 and turn it in. I was thrilled when Howard County paid $100.

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    The things I would do to own one of these, even to just squeeze off a few rounds at the range would satisfy me. I remember reading an article about the police in Connecticut having a STG coming through its doors and if I remember correctly they gave it back to the person to sell it or they donated it somewhere.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The issue is whether it is transferable or not. Most likely not. There were many WWII vets that brought back full auto weapons and did not register them in the Amnesty after 68. Turning it in with no questions asked is removing a pretty big legal liability from one's plate. It's a cool piece of history particularly if there is some sort of provenance that can be traced.

^Prolly right. Even if you know what you have, it's less legal hassle to turn it in than risk going to federal PMITA prison. Maybe the owner tried to keep it under the radar but the secret became too much of a burden to bear.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    the .22 version can be pretty convincing.

Attachments

• stg-44.JPG
      stg-44.JPG
      31.1 KB · Views: 421

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I heard some guy showed up at the P.G. County buy back in Laurel a few days ago with a slew of old frames (some damaged TTC's, old CZ's series of frames, etc.) that were cracked and got $100 each. Not a bad deal since he could probably never sell them.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Looks like a real one to me as far as can see in the picture. Ugh, I can't believe they're gonna destroy it. Not only that has huge monetary value, its a piece of history that can be never brought back if destroyed. And its not a freaking AK-47!!!! Ugh......people that own one and that think it is ,should not be allowed to own one and give it to a person that knows what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom