• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I've found a good shooter grade Luger but the seller and I are just a little apart on price. What to know what the experts here think since I haven't paid attention to prices for awhile. It's a 1940 with mismatched numbers. Barrel and slide assembly match but are different from the frame. A few of the smaller parts have a completely different number from either. It has no import marks but no history/provenance either. Bluing is about 80% I'd say. It appears to have no rust or pitting at all. Has all the waffenamts intact including the mag, although the mag doesn't match any of the numbers on the gun. I haven't seen it in person yet, only pictures and what he's told me in our email conversations.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    The Luger Gunboard has a DWM "shooter" for sale at $775. Not an exact comparison to what you're looking at, but you might want to compare the pictures - doesn't look bad at all.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    There's a seller at Nation's (near the concessions stand, I forgot to get his card) who has a number of shooter Lugers fitting your description for $795 and $895.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    You know the seller?

The offer I made was right in the range y'all have suggested, so I feel good about that. He's stuck a bit higher, so its probably not happening.

Yes I do he offered it to me too I just don't it right now.

He is a member here

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I wish shooters sold north of $1000! Just sold one on GB last month and it hammered for approx. $735 in VG condition. With so many Lugers on the market shooters don't command much.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Looks like a rework.

It is. No import marks or armory marks though, so not sure when it was done or by whom. It's a 1940 but has a later byf code toggle. Platekiller (the seller) and I did come to a deal today. It's the cleanest non-matching Luger I've seen in person. The bluing on all parts appears original, and averages 80-90% condition. It has one slight spot of patina forming on the back of the frame but is otherwise free of rust and pitting. Considering we were able to meet and do an MSP transfer; saving me shipping, fees, and hassle; I think we made to a fair deal.

I can also say that we discovered the quickest way to confuse a Trooper. Ask him to transfer a 70 year old gun with 4 different serial numbers on it:lol2:. Once we explained why it had numbers on every part and why they didn't match, he was alright with it.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    It is. No import marks or armory marks though, so not sure when it was done or by whom. It's a 1940 but has a later byf code toggle. Platekiller (the seller) and I did come to a deal today. It's the cleanest non-matching Luger I've seen in person. The bluing on all parts appears original, and averages 80-90% condition. It has one slight spot of patina forming on the back of the frame but is otherwise free of rust and pitting. Considering we were able to meet and do an MSP transfer; saving me shipping, fees, and hassle; I think we made to a fair deal.

I can also say that we discovered the quickest way to confuse a Trooper. Ask him to transfer a 70 year old gun with 4 different serial numbers on it:lol2:. Once we explained why it had numbers on every part and why they didn't match, he was alright with it.

That was quite amusing. They are pretty good at that barrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Id say around $800.

I paid $1000 for mine last year which is pretty similar but has some provenance to the owner and came with an original holster marked with the GI who owned it's stamp, I have his service history as well. Not bullet proof but pretty good. What mine does have is two matching number mags matched to the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom