• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Ok, so with SB281's provision for C&R holders and non-C&R holders alike to buy qualifying pistols less an HQL, what are some interesting/lesser known ones? We're all familiar with the Maks, Toks, CZs, P38s, and the like, but what else is hitting the 50 year mark?

Personally I was looking and surprised to see the S&W Model 39 is of age now. Although Model 39s that are old enough have steep price tags.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    excellent pistol!! I have 2 of them.

Colt tooling and machinery in Argentina....its a great pistol and told mil spec

Yup always wanted one of those, I suspect I see a C&R in my future. To slake my lust for ferreting out neat stuff, I need something and sadly I trust the feds more than I trust the state.

Jul 1, 2012
    Interesting, thank you.

I'm new to Curio & Relic, what is your take on this as far as a 1911 goes?

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/colt1911a11930original-bestgrade-1-1-1-1.aspx

Yup, the Sistema is an excellent value and equal in quality to the Hartford Colts, and all parts interchange. I just sold off my four duplicates.... sorry...

Things to note:
    (A) SARCO won't sell <handguns> to a MD resident. Period.
    (B) the stuff they have is generally in fair to poor condition, although you might get lucky (they imported a bunch of various police agency guns that were used hard).
    (C) prices are on the rise for these lately... now's the time to grab a nice one

Last edited:

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    excellent pistol!! I have 2 of them.

Colt tooling and machinery in Argentina....its a great pistol and told mil spec

Nice, and duly noted.

Yup, the Sistema is an excellent value and equal in quality to the Hartford Colts, and all parts interchange. I just sold off my four duplicates.... sorry...

Things to note:
    (B) the stuff they have is generally in fair to poor condition, although you might get lucky (they imported a bunch of various police agency guns that were used hard).
    (C) prices are on the rise for these lately... now's the time to grab a nice one

Kudos for the tips. I arrived at Sarco after a brief Google search, no other reason. Shame that they won't sell to MD residents, but it sounds as if this may be nothing new.

Luckily (I think) for now at least, I haven't to funds available to procure one... I've got a carbine to finish for my wife first. Just making a mental note of some items, though the alleged eventual price rise troubles me...

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County

Things to note:

Is Sarco the only dealer with a stock of these? Sucks that they dont ship to MD. I was thinking about trying to get one of these when I get a C&R. I would like to get a Ruger SR1911 but getting a cool old colt and saving a few hundred bucks would be awesome. The few I see on gunbroker and other places are a bit steep comparatively.

Jul 1, 2012
    Nah, there's plenty of them around. Just have to be patient and selective. The ones commanding the higher dollars are non-import original finish which are harder to find (these will probably run 1k or more). If you don't care about import markings, arsenal finish, or particular slide markings then they can be had pretty cheap compared to a "real" Colt ($500-$700 if you're lucky, swift and pure of heart).

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'll echo SOMD_Mustangs and go one better ... the SARCO Sistemas (they don't even spell the name correctly) are worn-out crap! When you are looking at these on the online auction sites, pay careful attention for a flat black finish over a slightly "pebbled" looking surface. They were sand-blasted and coated in some "arsenal" in Argentina that I suspect also did car repairs out the front door. Don't go by the price being asked. Some sellers are trying to get more for these SARCO refurbs than a good original example (if you are patient) will bring. Also, they were selling some models for big bucks, touting them as having been some sort of Peron insider super secret guns. In fact, the body they were made for wasn't secret at all. It was an advisory cabinet that the whole country knew about.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    While I disagree about the worn out crap comment here is a pick of my 399 Sarco Sistema as received from Sarco.
    20130611_090910_zps136044f6.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Outside looks rough but this is exactly what I expected and was looking for a project, plus while the outside was rough the pistol functions completely is essentially USGI spec and easy to refurbish if I want. Lock up was good, safety works, barrel shows good rifling.
    20130720_195137_zps06866d64.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    After some cleaning and some new grips.

I plan to rust blue it myself, cost of materials to do this are minimal, if I screw it up I can pay 120 bucks and get it cerakoted locally.

Here is a picture that inspired my project
    rustblue4_zps32bea330.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Browning High Powers with internal extractors are all C&R. Colt Commanders made between 50 and 63 are C&R. S&W Combat Masterpieces started production in 1949 (my dad carried one in Korea), so early ones are C&R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom