• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    What to do when you get a stack of cabelas gift cards... head up to Bass Pro since most shops I frequent aren’t open at night so I went looking for a 10/22 or Henry for my kid. Nobody at the counter, 3 guys installing a scope at the end. I ask for help told to take a number. I ask who does the calling or is there a tote board like the butcher shop? Mind you there are no other customers at the counter or sales guys. The one guy stomps off I to the back room and finds a very nice older guy who did a great job. My point is- these goofs were not friendly and not helpful at all. It’s too bad since they have a nice selection of stuff. I certainly understand retail burnout and having worked at a gun store it’s easy to develop an attitude when people ask ‘silly’ questions but it’s no excuse for decent customer service. Im also ready to buy a SBE3 but decided BPS won’t be getting that sale on principle. Probably old news they stink but wanted to vent. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Timing is tough
    Especially if as you said people in front of you are scope shopping or filling out a 77r online form

If I go to the gun counter it is at hours where most people are working

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Three guys hovering over a scope installation with one guy doing the work was the only action at the counter at all.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    The only Bass Pro I enjoyed visiting was in Islamorada in the Florida Keys. Beautiful building with Hemmingway's fishing boat inside. I walked through the store in Grapevine, TX because it was connected to the Embassy Suites I was staying at. Now that they own Cabela's that store has lost any appeal. There is a Cabela's five minutes from my house and once or twice a year, I will walk through the bargain room. I don't recall the last time I found anything there that I would consider a bargain.

As for bad customer service at Arundel Mills Mall; I don't know how you could determine what was bad when there is little to compare it with that would be considered good. The Dave & Buster's is pretty big inside. Always reminds me of Chuck E Cheese for adults.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Don’t ask me why but I was in there again- magazines for a Browning Buck Mark were $32 each total rip off.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Took a minute , but I am able to say somthing positive about the Big Fish .

They have actually in physical stock , a selection of Sasquatch sized outdoor boots . Thereby I can try on multiple boots to select the ones that fit, and are comfortable .

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Bigfoot44 I understand and agree much like Best Buy-touching and actually seeing things is helpful and probably worth a few extra bucks even if you have to take the time and drive there.

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    They are my last resort if I need something that day that cant wait . The only hand gun I've bought from them I had to make an appointment to pick up . Wasnt a pleasant process

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Bought a shotgun there that’s it . I go there to look and maybe hold then go order from my local guy. I think they deal with such a mass of people and some maybe not so educated on certain things that it has created an environment that is different from what a lot of us are used to dealing with a regular shop.i couldn’t do it . Seems they can be a little abrasive . When MD first came out with the handgun card / permit what ever you want to call it bps employee ask for card before they would show me handgun.was done with them after that.

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's a nice place to take the dog, or the grandkids... especially if the weather stinks.

;)

Actually, I shop there for clothing clearances, and the occasional fishing need/want.

Honestly, I think we spend more there on kids' stuff, snacks, and socks than on actual 'gear'.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No, that really is a big deal . Shoes/ boots are one thing that has to be tried on . Most places will have none in Sasquatch sizs, or one token pair . Having a selection is a great thing.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You don't have to search very hard to find bad stories about Bass Pro. Considering my own experience, I bet most of them are true.

Find a local dealer and become a regular. You'll have a much better experience.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Bass pro has the best flannel shirts I order online, but I use to drive to Cabelas in PA and now that BP owns them the place is bins of crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom