• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Everyone, you can save the staff a lot of time by titling your threads clearly as to the subject.

It helps to avoid duplicate threads tremendously.

When you title your threads "OMG", or some other vague way, it makes it difficult for other users to know that there is an existing thread and leads to duplicates which take time for us to sort out.

The board is smoking along with an average of 1000 users online pretty consistently for the last several days and our posting traffic is way up.

This is one small thing the membership can do to make us be more efficient in serving the community.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Good thread titles also index with Google better and bring more traffic.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Even in business, the thought is that the title of your memo or email should put the big idea first (BIF.)

Bad subj: Meeting Change

Good Subj: Finance Meeting moved to 2pm in room A

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Norton makes a good point! I started a thread a while back not realizing that someone else had started a similar thread in a different section - because it had a different title that didn't connect with "my" issue. Norton shut me down and I was to say the least a bit perturbed because many others were chiming in on a good topic! He didn't want two similar threads going on in to different places simultaneously! I got irritated and told him so because I thought he was discouraging open communication. Since then I have been paying attention and realize that - while unintended - the miss described or inaccurate labeling of threads really creates a problem. So please, try to clearly label your new thread with a concise title that all will understand, and it will keep the comments focused in a single thread.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Everyone, you can save the staff a lot of time by titling your threads clearly as to the subject.

It helps to avoid duplicate threads tremendously.

When you title your threads "OMG", or some other vague way, it makes it difficult for other users to know that there is an existing thread and leads to duplicates which take time for us to sort out.

The board is smoking along with an average of 1000 users online pretty consistently for the last several days and our posting traffic is way up.

This is one small thing the membership can do to make us be more efficient in serving the community.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Norton makes a good point! I started a thread a while back not realizing that someone else had started a similar thread in a different section - because it had a different title that didn't connect with "my" issue. Norton shut me down and I was to say the least a bit perturbed because many others were chiming in on a good topic! He didn't want two similar threads going on in to different places simultaneously! I got irritated and told him so because I thought he was discouraging open communication. Since then I have been paying attention and realize that - while unintended - the miss described or inaccurate labeling of threads really creates a problem. So please, try to clearly label your new thread with a concise title that all will understand, and it will keep the comments focused in a single thread.

THIS^^^^^^ X ∞

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I am going to comment in hopes this will be seen by more people. The mods do have a tough job juggling all the threads and montoring post. Lets help them as much as possible!:thumbsup:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Such a true statement that unfortunately never caught on. I hope this reminder will encourage folks to be specific. Leave it to the reporters to create "gotch-ya" headlines full of misinformation or buzz in an effort to steal your attention.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    THANK YOU!

That's a internet pet peeve of mine. Giving vague or intentionally decieving titles to threads. I know some are just done to be funny, and they should be in the correct forum. But titles like "I have a question" without any further elaboration in the title, or "Which is better" or whatever else is a problem to people searching the forums. Your title should include a basic summary of your post. If you want help identifying a mark on your Mosin rifle, your post should be something like "What does SA stamp mean on a Mosin?" -NOT- "Quick question", or "Need quick help" or what have you.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Bumping this thread. Tired of titles with no clue as to what the thread is about.

Bumping this thread and giving blasters quote a X2

The thread entitled "WINNING" come on WTF is that? There's been 8-10 of these BS titles lately. And the one about the Supreme Court "announcement". WTF people we are better then that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom