• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    So I finally found a handgun I want that isn't on the roster yet, though it looks like it's on the schedule for this coming Wednesday. I had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer for me.

1. If a firearm is simply a model addition with no changes other than magazine capacity is it more likely to be reviewed faster or guaranteed to be reviewed this meeting? The model with 15 round magazines is already on the roster, this model is simply a 10 round version.

The next to are more about the actual agenda document to help my understanding.

2. What do the yellow highlighted rows mean? I notice some items like the Glock 43X have a yellow background while the M&P model I'm interested in has a plain white background.

3. What does the asterisk next to the docket number indicate?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Is there supposed to be an attachment? Yellow highlighted rows of what?

I've never submitted anything to the roster, But from what I've seen there's probly a 99.99% chance your gun will be approved. If the #only# difference is a 10 rnd vs 15 rnd magazine, I am not even sure that requires approval. Some FFLs wiukd consider this the same "model" with a different mag. The law is not specific to the SKU number.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Is there supposed to be an attachment? Yellow highlighted rows of what?

Sorry, it’s this document that I had questions about. https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...singDivision/HandgunRoster/Agenda 3_13_19.pdf

Some rows are highlighted, some aren’t and some docket numbers have asterisks behind them but there’s no legend explaining what it means.

I've never submitted anything to the roster, But from what I've seen there's probly a 99.99% chance your gun will be approved. If the #only# difference is a 10 rnd vs 15 rnd magazine, I am not even sure that requires approval. Some FFLs would consider this the same "model" with a different mag. The law is not specific to the SKU number.

Some manufacturers list by model name and include any model that has the same name regardless of SKU like Glock, however the M&P models are broken down to list every individual model number. I’ll have to email my FFL and see what they say, I just want to avoid placing an order and then having a 77r be disapproved or delayed because the model isn’t on the roster.

I’m still curious though if someone can explain if there is a significance to the highlighted rows and asterisks in the document.

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    Sorry, it’s this document that I had questions about. https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...singDivision/HandgunRoster/Agenda 3_13_19.pdf

Some rows are highlighted, some aren’t and some docket numbers have asterisks behind them but there’s no legend explaining what it means.

Some manufacturers list by model name and include any model that has the same name regardless of SKU like Glock, however the M&P models are broken down to list every individual model number. I’ll have to email my FFL and see what they say, I just want to avoid placing an order and then having a 77r be disapproved or delayed because the model isn’t on the roster.

I’m still curious though if someone can explain if there is a significance to the highlighted rows and asterisks in the document.

Asterisk-model addition, yellow suppose to be new models.

Palmaris

Dec 28, 2018
    Sometime after March 13th Handgun Roster Board will post minutes from their meeting. Look for your model on that list.

cbigldj25

Feb 11, 2019
    If it approved on the minutes do you have to wait for it to show up on the roster before you purchase.If so how long does it takes for the to update the roster

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They have to publish it as a notice of roster additions in the Maryland register. Depending on the schedule, some weeks after the roster meeting. Then there is a 30 day notice period for the register publication. Then it's on the roster officially and you can buy it. So I'd say 6-8 weeks after the roster meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom