• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    One negative post after another about how all hope is lost. I am not going to ponder reasons, I have no idea. But I am going to remove the disruptive newbies' posting abilities for the remainder of the GA session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    LGSs will be gouging just like Lou was doing just prior to 2013.

Popped in to meet JLowe, and he had a stack of decent quality just-gotta-have-one ARs at very good prices. Not even a gouging twinkle in his eye, or with any of the other LGS I’ve visited. If the bill goes through, it’s just one (small) state’s stupidity, with a nation-wide supply competing for homes. Yeah, I know, MD compliance narrows the options in many cases, which it has for six years already.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Popped in to meet JLowe, and he had a stack of decent quality just-gotta-have-one ARs at very good prices. Not even a gouging twinkle in his eye, or with any of the other LGS I’ve visited. If the bill goes through, it’s just one (small) state’s stupidity, with a nation-wide supply competing for homes. Yeah, I know, MD compliance narrows the options in many cases, which it has for six years already.
    Yeah. JLowe isn't one of those guys.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Sounds like a hooker's name? Then it's perfect...you give it ammo and it gives you love....What a nice "arrangement"

LMAO... you're killing me over here! Hey Occam, I hope that you and your wife enjoy it. I am glad that your wife is on board with you. So is mine. :party29:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The horde is not infinite, people move, come and go, but yes the fact that NoVa is close to DC has brought a lot of Federal workers and contractors to NoVa making the area blue. Their presence is largely contingent on Federal spending in the area. However, Federal military projects bring more of a red populous, as the military tends to be more Republican. Keep in kind people from the Mid-West and other parts of the South also move to NoVa, so it isn't just leftists from NY/NJ/MD but Republican minded voters too.

There's new population data out that the population growth rate in Northern Virginia has actually slowed down for the first time in years.

I think Republicans in Maryland, should either move out to PA or VA. No point in living in Maryland IF you care about your vote, gun rights, taxes, sanity, and more. Often a Republican vote casted in Maryland is obsolete.

Most of the military officers I have met over my lifetime have been anti-gun in the general population. The exceptions are my two grandfathers and two cousins.

Also, having worked in the DC area for the last 40 years, in government, government contracting and private industry I would say that the federal military contractors are no more interested in the 2A than they are putting a man on jupiter, they are driven by earning a paycheck.

You can see the creeping liberalism infecting once conservative states from north to south on the eastern seaboard and moving from west to east from the pacific coast.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can see the creeping liberalism infecting once conservative states from north to south on the eastern seaboard and moving from west to east from the pacific coast.

Like a plague of locust, they devour all around them. When there's nothing left(money earners paying taxes to their state), the swarm moves on to better feeding. N.Va is loaded with Md liberals. Although Nevada is the next feeding grounds for the Kalifornians, Texas also looms large in their sights.

wubbabubba

Feb 27, 2019
    So, it looks like the hbar ban will not pass unless it has a grandfather clause. Is that correct?

Is it time to start buying up all the hbars? I couldn't find any complete hbar uppers online. Has the panic buying already started?

Can a I get grandfathered if I just buy an hbar barrel and purchase the rest of the build later? What if I already have an upper and I just purchase a barrel?

Are we sure this bill will even pass out of committee, with or without the grandfather clause amendment? Unless I’m not reading the docket correctly, the HBAR ban bill doesn’t appear to have a companion Senate bill like other anti-gun bills do.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Are we sure this bill will even pass out of committee, with or without the grandfather clause amendment? Unless I’m not reading the docket correctly, the HBAR ban bill doesn’t appear to have a companion Senate bill like other anti-gun bills do.

Maybe the Senate gun banners are waiting to see what happens in the House before risking political capital.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    If they are not getting grandfathered, then buying HBARs now won't help. Now buying stripped lowers on the other hand makes more sense. Or perhaps another caliber upper.

Only a coward would give up their firearms if there isn't a grandfather clause.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Only a coward would give up their firearms if there isn't a grandfather clause.

It is easy to say that until you are facing prison time or death. Lots of criminals think they will never get caught.

Do you have a wife and kids that would have to visit you in prison?

Everybody will have to do their own risk analysis and gut check on this stuff.

How many post 1986 machine guns have you manufactured? Don't answer.

Granted, only a coward wouldn't have made a couple already.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011

As shady as the MGA is they will introduce a last minute senate bill once/ if a vote is scheduled for HB612

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Life in America is easy, it is amazing how many people's bravado gets thrown out the window when their easy life is at risk. This is seen all across the spectrum of wealth and up and down the job spectrum.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    It is easy to say that until you are facing prison time or death. Lots of criminals think they will never get caught.

Do you have a wife and kids that would have to visit you in prison?

Everybody will have to do their own risk analysis and gut check on this stuff.

How many post 1986 machine guns have you manufactured? Don't answer.

Granted, only a coward wouldn't have made a couple already.

It's not like you have to go all Rambo and stuff. At least hide them for later. But if you actually turn them in...you may as well turn all of your guns in and give up the "we won't comply" talk.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's not like you have to go all Rambo and stuff. At least hide them for later. But if you actually turn them in...you may as well turn all of your guns in and give up the "we won't comply" talk.

I agree with you about not having to turn them in, hiding them, etc. However, I am not donning the white t-shirt with blue lettering on it.

It is one thing to don the t-shirt, and quite another thing not to comply. When you do not comply with laws, there is always the chance of arrest and prosecution from a vindictive SO, neighbor, etc.

Where does one sight in a non-compliant firearm? Need a private farm for that, or one heck of a basement. What good is a non-compliant firearm if you never get to practice with it? I guess it would be available should there be a SHTF scenario, zombie apocalypse, or a revolution. Then, you get to sight it in in the backyard without worrying about being arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom