• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Over the past year I’ve been mostly absent from the forum due to personal and work related issues. The forum went down in December because I wasn’t able to keep up with the server and that was my wakeup call that it was time to step down and let someone take over that would give the forum the proper attention that it needs technically. It was a very, very difficult decision for me to make, but I know that it is what is best for the community going forward. I gave it 11 years, but now I feel that I am more of a liability rather than an asset. If there was any way that I could keep up with it I would, but I just can’t anymore and I feel that this is the right thing to do for the community.

As such, I found a small group of guys that understand the mission, respect the history of the community, and most importantly, will give the forum the professional attention that it needs to make sure that it continues to grow and function for years to come. I’ve transferred ownership of the site to them and they will do their best to support the site and keep it functioning, while also implementing improvements as we go forward. You won’t see any major changes to the site immediately as they don’t need to fix something that isn’t broken. Hopefully any potential changes that you see in the future will only improve on an already good thing.

The new technical contact for the site is user texkev. He’s a great guy that you are going to enjoy interacting with. He recognizes that the way the forum is currently run under the leadership of Norton and the mods is a valuable asset to the community and as such nothing is going to change in regard to forum leadership, with the exception that I am stepping down and Norton is now the primary contact and leader on the public side of the forum. I have no doubt that he will continue to lead the forum to become a larger and stronger community, and a more powerful 2A force in Maryland.

The members are what make this such a great community, and I thank all of you. I sincerely thank the Industry Partners and those who have donated in the past to keep the lights on. The site wouldn’t exist right now if it wasn’t for you. Norton, joppaj, 2SAM22, and zoostation, I have the utmost respect for you guys and cannot begin to thank you enough for all that you have done to keep the community functioning and growing. I know that it will get even better moving forward.

Keep up the good fight!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    All I can say is thank you Don.

What you have done has made a profound difference, here in Maryland and beyond. .

Dropping the Pilot

1890_Bismarcks_Ruecktritt.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropping_the_Pilot

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Well I will say thank you for creating such a kick ass place for me to spend my time. You guys all do a hell of a job to make sure all of us have somewhere to go for our community of enthusiasts.

Thank You and best of luck in your future endeavors.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Hey all,

My name is Kevin, from Texas, of course a gun owner and happy to be here. I am not a part of a team, just me and a part time web guy I use rarely. I like working with forums, I work from home caring for my disabled wife so it fits well with my wonky schedule. Very sorry in advance to everyone at the shock of this. Don has had nothing but amazing things to say about the group here. Actually he interviewed me and wanted to know everything about what I would have planned, etc. He cares a ton about this place and its future.

I want to first make sure everyone knows I am not here to change the flow, how the site is modded, etc. The mods still run the place. I am simply here more as a tech help, bring the site up to date (backend stuff, not seen), hopefully help it grow, etc. Of course the members here are the backbone of the site, I just hope to be able to help behind the scenes, etc.

I look forward to learning more about the group here. I sure know you guys have it tougher when it comes to gun policy then we do. Please PM me if you have any questions, etc. Thanks…

Kevin

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    DD 214

We know you by your reputation ...which is sparkling. 4.0 on the old scale. Well earned and deserved.

Thank you for all you've done.

This is a great place.

It would not be what it is today without your keen insight and vast contribution.

Fair winds and following seas.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    The Maryland 2A community owes you a lot - more so than most of us know. My sincere thanks and best wishes to you, and to the new team who steps in to keep us all running!

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Thank you for setting up the Forum and working so hard for the rest of us. I wish I had found the Forum sooner, I'm a "13er", but started lurking in fall of "12' after stumbling on the site.
    Best of luck and hope to still see your input from time to time.

:bowdown:

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    enjoy your retirement DD214 and please dont be a stranger to the forum.

Most importantly, thank you for this wonderful forum.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Don,

It was a pleasure meeting you a few years back at a Southern MD get together.

This site has done so much for so many.

Thank you for everything you have done, my friend.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Thank you Don. While not an old timer on this site, I have come to really enjoy it here. I am sorry to see you go and expect the same great website going forward. I always share this place with everyone I know.

Best to you in the future and we hope you come back to visit and participate.

Welcome Kevin!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    :mdpatriot:mdpatriotTo the man that is likely responsible for saving gun rights in Maryland as we know it - I salute you :mdpatriot:mdpatriot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      48.9 KB · Views: 1,768

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads