• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Are you suggesting that a lobbyist would have motives other than seeking true justice?

I find your assertion shocking... Just shocking...

Is Al Not-so-Sharpton a millionaire?:innocent0

'nuff said.:cool:

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    I doubt he's a millionaire or the IRS would be attaching bank accounts for all the loot he owes them. Oh wait, those collection procedures are just for those on the right. :rolleyes:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    When did the truth ever get in the way of a news story?

I find the current angle - lax school security - to be a bit of a contradiction considering the wringing of hands about how, "we don't want armed security guards where our innocent children go to school! WAAAAH!"

You can't have it both ways. The Newtown school has the same security measures as most schools - locked doors with cameras and a the ability to buzz in guests. Of course if the teachers or principal had been trained and packing, the outcome would have been entirely different, but libs don't want to hear that.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Newtown had a lockdown procedure in effect at the time. What they didn't account for was Lanza shooting his way through the front window with his rifle. The people in the office just inside the entrance had perhaps 30 seconds of notice to arm themselves and stop this attack before it could continue to the classrooms. But of course no one was armed.

Feb 28, 2013
    Libtards are still in shock at how this possibly could have happened because guns aren't allowed on school property.:rolleyes:

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Isn't it hard to figure out a lawsuit when most of the evidence has been deliberated been destroyed, altered, locked up, and/or faked? How do you argue and reach a ruling about events that the facts are so unclear and perhaps even unknowable?

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I'm going to speculate that the equation Bushmaster is calculating is the effect of negative publicity on those states that maintain a banned weapons list, like MD.

BTW; how many other states maintiain lists of firearms that are permitted and that are banned? is MD alone?

Feb 28, 2013
    Latest article I've read.. I love how it says they are suing based on the Bushmaster being a military weapon and was negligently sold to civilians lol.. Im paraphrasing, but read this horsef**kery

http://entertainment.verizon.com/ne...r_gets_newtown_lawsuit_moved_to_federal_co-ap

Seems to me, for that idiocy to hold water in the least it would have to be proven that identical rifles have been purchased and subsequently issued by the military.

And we all know the answer to that question.:rolleyes:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There is, if I recall correctly, at least one judge in the Second Circuit where this will eventually go who has made it clear (in New York City vs. Beretta et al.) how much he loathes the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). In the past that law has only been upheld by a 2-1 panel majority there. I'm just guessing, but I think their end game here may be hoping to score a Hail Mary pass and have the PLCAA ruled unconstitutional. I doubt it would ever happen, but who knows. Especially since if it ends up being appealed to the Supreme Court, it won't make it to SCOTUS until the next president, potentially Hillary, has been in office a few years and been able to appoint justice or two.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    There is, if I recall correctly, at least one judge in the Second Circuit where this will eventually go who has made it clear (in New York City vs. Beretta et al.) how much he loathes the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). In the past that law has only been upheld by a 2-1 panel majority there. I'm just guessing, but I think their end game here may be hoping to score a Hail Mary pass and have the PLCAA ruled unconstitutional. I doubt it would ever happen, but who knows. Especially since if it ends up being appealed to the Supreme Court, it won't make it to SCOTUS until the next president, potentially Hillary, has been in office a few years and been able to appoint justice or two.

Such a ruling would violate the principle of estoppel of which this is mearly a special case...

It should never be needed. Cuircuit judges can afford to be reckless. Not SCOTUS.

I hope the real lawyers will chime in. Basically the wrongful act of one party can not create liability for a party not at fault.

Such precedent would make commere of any kind a liability time bomb. Plus if there is one thing the commerce clause applies to its commercial activity authorised by a Federal Lic.

Deny congress that power and you undercut the entire regulatory scheme.. no more regulation of firearms at all.

They hate it because it makes them honor estoppel.

IANAL. If I messed up I hope the lawyers will correct..

Last edited:

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    What took so long? Oh, yeah this was a false flag event that occurred at the same time a "training" event for exact same scenario was going down across town...

This whole stunk from day one and still does but most will forget about it and change the channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom