• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I've been out of the NERF game for somewhere around two decades but the kids are of age and it's time to get them geared up. You never forget your first.... Mine was a Kenner Ghostpopper and a few years later is was a Nerf Bow and Arrow.

Now that you've taken a trip down memory lane, what's the dope on the latest, greatest and more importantly your favorite current production guns?

Attachments

• GhostbustersGhostPopper.JPG
      GhostbustersGhostPopper.JPG
      19.6 KB · Views: 411
    • bow1-1024x648.jpg
      bow1-1024x648.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 402

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My son had a Nerf sniper rifle. I did a spring upgrade and that thing was a tack driver....

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I have and also gave my nephew one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00UON304G/?coliid=IDQYYYZ6NO7IZ
    Not practical for much other than static use though.. It was a $89 thing, I guess maybe discontinued though some scalper on amazon is trying to get $580 for a used one...

Target stores have a decent selection of them usually. There is one thats AR15ish with attachments and such.

My cats LOVE the darts, they know the sound when I take the nerf guns out and get ready for the darts, they will catch them in mid-air if low enough. And will usually bring the darts back to me to shoot again.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    nerf E-11 *
    real DL-44

Still working on sourcing the parts for a real E-11 :D

* lots of scuff marks from battle lol

Attachments

• 20211201_160645.jpg
      20211201_160645.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 335

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    My son has several with the Nerf Rival Prometheus MXVIII-20K being the king of the heap. It's honestly too much "gun" for anything other than defensive fortifications. I wanted one of the sniper style guns from a few years back, never did get it.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076JQP4X7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZFV4AXDHEQNPHMHMY96D

Very cool, emplacements or heavy stuff is probably out though due to weight and arm strength.

My son had a Nerf sniper rifle. I did a spring upgrade and that thing was a tack driver....

Which darts did it use?

It looks like I got ahead of myself with the only darts thing.

There are balls- Rival
    Small Darts - Elite
    Medium rigid darts- Ultra
    Large Darts - Mega

And some other companies with guns that use half length elite darts.

We have an infant still so the balls and half darts are probably out. I think I've settled on the elite darts based on some reviews from this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Coop772/videos

So now I need to dial in on the best pistols and lighter weight long guns.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    There doesn't seem to be a bad Nerf gun or style IMO.

My son has every genre and they are all a blast with +'s and -'s.

The drum guns are the least problematic for younger shooters. The mag fed guns are a lot more fun but can have feed issues. They are also the easiest to upgrade.

The Rivals( ball models) should be reserved for older kids as some of those are flat out dangerous to casual players.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

I've seen some of the mod videos, they actually look like tons of fun! Wish I had kiddos that liked that stuff, mine just like barbie stuff.

When we were kids we just had bb gun wars. One pump only, that lasted 2 seconds or until someone hit you where it hurt (direct bone).

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    This year I bought a complete Elite Caliburn 4 kit for the kiddo for Christmas and a spare hardware kit. We'll need to 3D print the 2nd gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom