• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    That's a lot of effort to go to in order to get a few geese, unless the intent wasn't to only get a few, but rather to poach a whole bunch.

Easier than climbing into a ladder stand.
    It was more than a few and very effective means for taking geese for the location.
    And perfectly legal to boot.
    That’s why a regulation was put forth. A senator and other politicians may or may not have been involved in the method of taking that was developed.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    I've only used my Savage LA 110 in .30-06 and last year I used my built PRS match gun in 6mm Creedmoor...it did great, just its weight doesn't justify taking it into the field often...weighs in around 18lbs...

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpg
      IMG_5030.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 112

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've only used my Savage LA 110 in .30-06 and last year I used my built PRS match gun in 6mm Creedmoor...it did great, just its weight doesn't justify taking it into the field often...weighs in around 18lbs...
    Oof - that's a heavy gun. I bet it shoots great though.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have an evolution on the way with this 8mm Mauser - I ordered a Timney Featherweight trigger, and I selected the 3lb pull weight setting. According to my trigger pull gauge, The Timney on my 25-06 breaks at 3.5 lbs, and the Jaeger on my 35 Whelen breaks at about 2.5 lbs, which might be just a touch light. I figure that 3 lbs will be about right, although it is adjustable if I find that's not where I want it.

I'm probably going to re-stock that Mauser too if it turns out to be a shooter - nothing fancy, probably just a Boyd's laminate. The main reason for that is to increase the pull - it's a fairly short rifle with about a 13" pull, and because I have such long arms, a 14'-14.5" pull would be a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom