Haven't seen much talk about Hanover Armory recently here…

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hamburglar79

Oct 19, 2021
    Odenton
    QUESTION: Any pros/cons that ya’ll had w/Hanover Armory (word of mouth is powerful)?

I'm new'ish to MD so though that a MD made rifle would be a great addition to the family while supporting a local business.

Found Hanover Armory, spoke with one of their reps at the physical store, and ended up taking home one of their basic HA-15 platforms in coyote tan w/o any sight furniture.

Having a piece of mind that I can go directly to their shop close by if it has any issues was relieving.

I did notice that they did not have a purchase limit with their ammo, want to say Winchester FMJ, so I bought 10 20-round boxes on my way out the door.

Would had liked a case instead but I’m sure my wife would crap another brick when she checks the monthly cc statement!

Off_paper

Apr 30, 2021
    AACo
    Not to be directly contradictory, but I've never heard bad things about their AR build quality. I wanted to become familiar with the platform before I started building my own, so I picked up a basic HA-15 back in May, and it's been fine so far with a few hundred rounds. No complaints here, would have loved to spend a little less, but happy to support a local business.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Entry level rifles. They have lifetime warranty I believe. Have heard some negative experience with their coating of firearms . Guys I spoke to and dealt with where approachable, ready to help.bought parts and pieces from them. Don’t have have one theirs but there is a few people in the area selling their stuff .Believe it’s the owner , is A Marine so I trust him give him some business. But entry level AR.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    They seem decent enough, but you are getting a no frills AR. They saw they are mil-spec, but I lack the knowledge and ability to confirm or deny that.

I bought a couple blem lowers from them last year and I was pleased with them.

I think if you are okay with a basic AR, they are a good dealer. Don't expect amazing fit and finish or super cool handguards and you should be plenty happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    They are just a few miles from my work and I’ve picked up some parts as well as had some engraving done there. No problems from my limited experience.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Like others said, very basic AR's. Owner is very nice. Talked to him once at Chantilly. Haven't seen them back there though. Bought some build parts as well. Big thing was one of their 80's after milled was off center. one side of the trigger wall was thicker than the other by about 1.5mm. Noticeable. I thought my jig was setup wrong, but when I married the lower to the upper (black rain upper to test) the entire lower was off center, sticking out to the left and pushed in on the right. Not great fit and finish at all.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    Not to be directly contradictory, but I've never heard bad things about their AR build quality.

Entry level rifles. They have lifetime warranty I believe.

I think if you are okay with a basic AR, they are a good dealer.

Like others said, very basic AR's. Owner is very nice.

Good rifles, just not opr8r-tier. If you need something that goes bang that is MD compliant, you can do a LOT worse.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    QUESTION: Any pros/cons that ya’ll had w/Hanover Armory (word of mouth is powerful)?

I'm new'ish to MD so though that a MD made rifle would be a great addition to the family while supporting a local business.

Found Hanover Armory, spoke with one of their reps at the physical store, and ended up taking home one of their basic HA-15 platforms in coyote tan w/o any sight furniture.

Having a piece of mind that I can go directly to their shop close by if it has any issues was relieving.

I did notice that they did not have a purchase limit with their ammo, want to say Winchester FMJ, so I bought 10 20-round boxes on my way out the door.

Would had liked a case instead but I’m sure my wife would crap another brick when she checks the monthly cc statement!

Pay cash for a case ;)

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Never owned a full build, but have bought many parts and assembled ARs with them. Also had cerakote and engraving done by them too. No complaints at all from me. Plus they are very friendly.

hamburglar79

Oct 19, 2021
    Odenton
    Thanks for the posts!

Seems like mostly positive comments so I'm hopeful with what I got, to include any future services.

Hunting down some ammo and looking forward to some range time.

Geeze I miss having a backyard w/junk to shoot at ><

Off_paper

Apr 30, 2021
    AACo
    Thanks for the posts!

Seems like mostly positive comments so I'm hopeful with what I got, to include any future services.

Hunting down some ammo and looking forward to some range time.

Geeze I miss having a backyard w/junk to shoot at ><

FYI, Bass Pro more often than not has 223/5.56 in stock, and more recently has had bulk packs. It's hardly the best pricing you'll find around, but they have it, and you don't have to wait on shipping.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I've been there a lot. I've had mixed experiences. I go there less now that my favorite employee is no longer working there. No idea why. I've talked to the owner and he always seems personable and knowledgeable. One employee there always rubs me the wrong way. For example, I come in and he says how can I help you, and i say I am looking for a short 300AAC upper to complete my pistol build and he says, what do you want that for? More than once I have told him to just go get my guy. My guy comes, and I say, finishing that pistol build, and he says, so you looking for a short 300AAC upper? Yep.

I did buy that 300AAC upper, and when I got it home I realized the handguard was a bit askew. I took it back in and they straightened it up for me right away.

My friend bought a full rifle right before a class, and it would not hold a magazine. The magazine release pocket seemed to be out of spec. We ended up cutting and gluing in a small shim in the magazine release button pocket, as he had no time to get back there before the class. Worked fine otherwise, and it never went back, that shim is still in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom