• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

There is....another way. DA/SA striker fired gun, the Walther p99as. Here's my full size, but they made a compact as well. They're accurate AF and very, very reliable. Until you get used to the striker fired carry thing, these are a great option if you want a heavy DA first press. I never really decock it for carrying, but like the DA capability for the occasional primer that wasn't set all the way.

Recoil is a little flippier than my m&ps or something like a glock because the bore axis is slightly higher. They're still very manageable and easy to shoot. Here's some vintage smokey action from back at a mdshooters frostbite shoot.

Ultimately, you are better off getting training until a striker fired gun in a holster doesn't freak you out, but until then these give you all the benefits of striker fired guns with the DA/SA capability.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    PS note that the P07 cannot share mags with the other two. The mags for polymer framed guns are wider.

Full size CZ 75 mags will work in the compacts like the P01, and both full and compact mags will work in the RAMI (but will look funny).

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    That is the question of the day:
    If I bought the P-01 Omega, I would not be swapping it over to the manual safety, I am dead set on decocker. I am also right handed, so the omega ambi safety/decock lever is of no benefit to me.

If I bought the regular P-01 I could see me "upgrading" the trigger in the future.
    Nothing crazing,, just a slightly better trigger and maybe hammer.

Or does the Omega have a better trigger than the standard?

Good choices, but why the Omega version of the P01? The normal version has the decocker with no safety, which is what you had said you were looking for.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    If I bought a P-07, it would be for the wife as it is close in size, weight to her M&P 9mm EZ Shield that I hate the grip safety.

I did find a sweet RAMI manual safety local for $600, but passed as I want the decocker,,, probably never find another deal like that.

PS note that the P07 cannot share mags with the other two. The mags for polymer framed guns are wider.

Full size CZ 75 mags will work in the compacts like the P01, and both full and compact mags will work in the RAMI (but will look funny).

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    You mentioned upgrading the trigger from a stock gun. -

FYI... I Have been advised by attorneys to NOT modify any gun that you may want to use in a carry self-defense situation.
    Should you ever have to use the firearm for self-defense, your modification can be another tool for the other side to paint you as the bad guy.
    "You customized your gun to make it a more effective killing machine" - It has happened.

Some may disagree with me, but my thought is, "Why take the chance?" Find one that works out of the box.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Never thought of that,, but suppose it could happen.
    Though they could pull purchase records and say that your going to the range once a week is "to make you a more effective killing machine"
    Or that buying a 13 rnd mag for a gun that came with a 11 rnd mag, on and on.

If you use a gun for self defense in MD, you WILL either be suid by the perp (or their family) or the States Attorney.

FYI... I Have been advised by attorneys to NOT modify any gun that you may want to use in a carry self-defense situation.
    Should you ever have to use the firearm for self-defense, your modification can be another tool for the other side to paint you as the bad guy.
    "You customized your gun to make it a more effective killing machine" - It has happened.

Some may disagree with me, but my thought is, "Why take the chance?" Find one that works out of the box.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I have not handled an Omega decocker version yet.
    When handling the standard P-01 decocker,, I have to loosen my grip to get my thumb "Back" to function the decocker.
    The Omega decocker looks to be more forward,, any experience manipulating the Omega de-cocker?

Good choices, but why the Omega version of the P01? The normal version has the decocker with no safety, which is what you had said you were looking for.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

This is fudd lore and not a thing. If anyone tells you this, ask them to cite an example where modifying the trigger turned a good shoot into a bad shoot. They won't be able to. The closest they get is citing a case where it was actually a defense. In that case, road rage happened, then the defendant went home, got a gun, and came back out to find the person he was road raging against. He drew his gun and shot the guy in the head. During the case, he was trying to argue that he didn't intend to fire, but that the lightened trigger just made the gun go off.

https://www.leagle.com/decision/1985376110ad2d2661333

So from a practical argument, don't lighten your trigger beyond your ability to fire ONLY when you intend to under stress. This has more to do with training than a trigger, especially with most triggers being arounf 4-6 lbs. From a legal standpoint, modifying your gun will not turn a good shoot into a bad shoot. It's stupid-easy to argue that the trigger has nothing to do with the perceived threat of death or bodily harm, or that the modified trigger better enables the shooter to place accurate shots on an intended target in order to reduce liabilities.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have not handled an Omega decocker version yet.
    When handling the standard P-01 decocker,, I have to loosen my grip to get my thumb "Back" to function the decocker.
    The Omega decocker looks to be more forward,, any experience manipulating the Omega de-cocker?

I handled both in the store, but I had the opposite impression... I Iiked the original style decocker better and it was identical to the RAMI, which was my first CZ.

It probably just comes down to personal preference.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Dumb quaetion:
    I have located a 2075 D RAMI (decocker) from a MD seller.
    But I only see the "CZ 2075 RAMI" on the MSP rooster, not the "CZ 2075 D RAMI"

Is that an issue?

I handled both in the store, but I had the opposite impression... I Iiked the original style decocker better and it was identical to the RAMI, which was my first CZ.

It probably just comes down to personal preference.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Dumb quaetion:

Is that an issue?

Congratulations! That's great news.

I believe the one with the decocker is the 'BD' model, even though it shows "CZ 2075 D RAMI" on the slide. Strange, I know.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-2075-rami-bd/

ETA: Just looked, and I don't see it either. I know they have been sold in MD though, I bought one at BBP and almost bought a second one that was in the case at 2A sales.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-214013.jpg
      Screenshot_20211205-214013.jpg
      38.2 KB · Views: 95

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Dumb quaetion:

Is that an issue?
    Model numbers don't matter anymore since earlier this year

Attachments

• LD-FRU-21-002.pdf
      185.4 KB · Views: 50

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That is the question of the day:
    If I bought the P-01 Omega, I would not be swapping it over to the manual safety, I am dead set on decocker. I am also right handed, so the omega ambi safety/decock lever is of no benefit to me.

If I bought the regular P-01 I could see me "upgrading" the trigger in the future.
    Nothing crazing,, just a slightly better trigger and maybe hammer.

Or does the Omega have a better trigger than the standard?

The Omega is not a "better" trigger, just a simplified design of the stock CZ trigger. (Fewer moving parts).
    When the Omega was first offered you were stuck with it. If you wanted to upgrade your trigger you actually had to install the older trigger first.

Now Cajun Gun Works and others have kits to upgrade both triggers. Buy what you find and you can upgrade.

If you want to keep a stock trigger, the original design seems to break in and smooth out over time. The Omega does not seem to do this. This has been my experience and I have read of many others agreeing with that. I sold my only Omega pistol, there was no advantage in it for me.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I walked in to Anglers in Annapolis an hour ago to find a sig 239 in the used gun case that appears to have never been shot. Having put thousands of rounds through one using it as a BUG in IDPA I JUMPED on it.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Another rule breaker I see,,,
    MDS forum rule 21.4.3 - "If you brag about a firearm purchase, the "Brag" must include the price"

I walked in to Anglers in Annapolis an hour ago to find a sig 239 in the used gun case that appears to have never been shot. Having put thousands of rounds through one using it as a BUG in IDPA I JUMPED on it.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Well, the deed is done,, I have the CZ 2075 D RAMI in 7 day jail.

Only question is: will the CZ 75 P-01 or the P-07 be next ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom