4. I can swing that
    5. I wouldn't pay a dollar for that

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    This is a nice little link with some "tiers" explained:

http://www.csun.edu/~rb395095/hc/shotguns.htm

That list is a little old. Perazzi’s and Krieghoff’s start at about $13,000 to $15,000 new and go to six figures. Unfortunately, I don’t have either. But I’ve beaten shooters that shoot $40,000 guns.

I shot on a budget. The top shots had no budget and no job. Hard to compete with that.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    That list is a little old. Perazzi’s and Krieghoff’s start at about $13,000 to $15,000 new and go to six figures. Unfortunately, I don’t have either. But I’ve beaten shooters that shoot $40,000 guns.

I shot on a budget. The top shots had no budget and no job. Hard to compete with that.

Yeah as was pointed out earlier in the thread, some suggested a "greater than A-tier" that includes the truly bananas shotguns. That article has them at the very bottom, described as being above "World Class":

As a Final Note, there are some fine shotguns which are fine collectibles...

Holland and Holland, Abiattico and Salvinelli, LC Smith, AH fox, Purdy, and several others.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Yeah as was pointed out earlier in the thread, some suggested a "greater than A-tier" that includes the truly bananas shotguns. That article has them at the very bottom, described as being above "World Class":

Yeah, I saw that. I would call them Heirloom guns. Just about completely handmade. A few competitors shot them just because they liked them and could afford it. The people shooting them weren’t winning championships. They were just attending shoots and enjoying their money. The problem with that class of gun is that if/when they break a spring or something it’s a real pain to get it fixed.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    A few years ago, back when the were still in business, I wandered in Covey & Nye in Manchester Village, Vt., and saw dozens of high-end firearms, including a pair of shotguns that carried a price tag of $238,000.00. There are individual shotguns approaching $100K. Some of those had scars on them from being carried in the field. The beauty of the engraving and woodwork was breathtaking.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Any chance you knew a skeet shooter named Carl Radtka? He was shooting seriously in competitions about 15 to 20 years ago. Think he ran a skeet field in Queen Anne County too.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Any chance you knew a skeet shooter named Carl Radtka? He was shooting seriously in competitions about 15 to 20 years ago. Think he ran a skeet field in Queen Anne County too.

Yes, I remember him. He was a character. In a good way. I’m pretty sure he shot out of Sudlersville. I never shot the old club located in town. It was moved years ago to a new location on top of a landfill. My understanding is that they have a 99 year lease so they’re good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom