MoCo elected officials passed something prohibiting 80% lowers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Wondering if the Red powers that be in MoCo have passed laws against 80% kits and such? I noticed an online seller of P80 Glock-compatible 80% frames has posted that they won't ship to Montgomery County, MD.

Thanks for any useful info., and hope everyone is staying safe!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Kind of.

https://mocoshow.com/blog/county-council-unanimously-approves-ghost-gun-bill/

MD has state preemption though, so it's not likely to be upheld anyway. But its MD and Moco, so who knows.

I know what you really want to know though... The Racial Equity and Social Justice Impact.

That study can be found here : https://content.govdelivery.com/att...FINAL Bill 4-21 RESJ Statement Ghost Guns.pdf

Those assholes in Annapolis will just use Montgomery County's law as a blueprint

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What’s an “undetectable gun”? It sure sounds like I ought to have one.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    What’s an “undetectable gun”? It sure sounds like I ought to have one.

I'm pretty sure I have one in my basement.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it since I left it there. ;)

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    The dipshit that came up with using undetectable in the legislation probably watched Die Hard 2 one too many times! "It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up in your airport x-ray machine."

I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of kids; especially kids raised parents who shouldn't have had kids to begin with! Ref. the ever popular government racial docs; assuming it's blacks shooting blacks and latinos shooting latinos, would it not make more sense to increase policing, and rates of incarceration, for the areas where most of the crimes are taking place? When there are no guns, they'll use knives, then screwdrivers, then pens, then sticks, then rocks. Robbing the law abiding citizens of their constitutional rights via BS legislation isn't going to solve the problems these idiots are shooting themselves for.

Back to the vendor refusing sales to MoCo. Since the law specifically relates to an unserialized gun around minors, and minors can have credit cards, then perhaps all the vendor has to do is require an affidavit be signed stating the purchaser is over 21 at the time of checkout, or in worst case, a copy of an ID.

Thanks for the replies!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The dipshit that came up with using undetectable in the legislation probably watched Die Hard 2 one too many times! "It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up in your airport x-ray machine."

This is a great opportunity to ridicule them in testimony. Why didn't you add magic wands, did you see what Harry Potter did with his? If we are banning things in fantasy land, we should ban dragons. Dragons kill virgins in fantasy land.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Wondering if the Red powers that be in MoCo have passed laws against 80% kits and such? I noticed an online seller of P80 Glock-compatible 80% frames has posted that they won't ship to Montgomery County, MD.

Thanks for any useful info., and hope everyone is staying safe!

here...https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/counselor-s-corner/msi-v-montgomery-county

MSI will not stand idly by while State or local officials pursue ideological legal vendettas against MSI members and the public. But litigation is never cheap or easy so we rely on YOUR support in order to defend your rights. Don't be a free rider -- donate to MSI or join us today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom