• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg621

Jan 24, 2017
    Upper Marlboro
    I have been delayed on every long gun purchase I have ever made, however my handgun purchases go straight thru. My last attempted purchase was thru Dicks & I was delayed pass 30 days(Dick's doesn't release after 3 days). I went and redone the paper work & and waited another week before canceling the purchase. Meanwhile I purchased another pistol within that time frame with no problems. I need to look into getting a UPIN asap because its frustrating knowing that your going to get approved but playing the waiting game not knowing how long it will take.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I have been delayed on every long gun purchase I have ever made, however my handgun purchases go straight thru. My last attempted purchase was thru Dicks & I was delayed pass 30 days(Dick's doesn't release after 3 days). I went and redone the paper work & and waited another week before canceling the purchase. Meanwhile I purchased another pistol within that time frame with no problems. I need to look into getting a UPIN asap because its frustrating knowing that your going to get approved but playing the waiting game not knowing how long it will take.

I typically avoid big box, but definitely avoiding now. At least most LGS care if you get your gun.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Since it can take 7 days to get your handgun Not Disapproved, if the NICS were delayed, you would not necessarily know.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Sorry for the Necro, my common-ass gutter name finally exceeded my frustration level getting put into Research and Delay for every submission.

I see they have a new eVAF form, has anyone used it before? Curious about what scanning resolution, B&W or color, format, etc. the fingerprint
    card should be scanned for success ? (https://www.cjis.gov/nicsreg/ExternalSub/faces/PegaMashup.xhtml)

The site says they're processing submissions from March 2021, so the alphabet bois are still in the long game for infringements I see..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom