• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It's funny.... They aren't so anti 2A. They own Field and Stream stores and they sell guns. There is a combo Dick's and Field and Stream in Dickson City, Pa. You walk in, Dick's is to the left and Field and Stream with guns to the right. Check out is the Dick's registers.

Welcome back!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I needed some new shoes, I went to DSW. Didn’t even look at Dicks which was next door. Maybe cheaper? Don’t care. $130 they didn’t get. **** them.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I was in the area of the one in Waugh Chapel today. Decided based on this thread to check it out. Gun rack was a little thin, ammo shelf was plenty thinned. Some rifle and some 20 gauge shells. Very few boxes of handgun ammo. Mostly just some 25 acp and some expensive 44 mag. Sign said 10 % off for ammo and optics.

As I was walking out empty handed someone I took for a manager asked if I found everything I needed. Took that as an invite to voice my dissatisfaction with them. He said the final decision on guns, ammo, hunting stuff in that store hasn’t been made yet. He did say the one in Waldorf would continue to sell them.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Well just stopped into Dicks , guess now there name matches there policy. Haven’t been in for a bit but guess it’s another company bowing to the agenda. They are doing away with there hunting section . I thought this was for a few stores because the one in Columbia hasn’t had a section in a long time. Stopped at Glenburnie store today and it has shrunk significantly and was told it will soon no longer exist. There was a little bit of ammo some guns on sale , maybe 50 to 100 off. But not much of anything . They like Walmart where convenient as far as getting some things , prices where decent. The Ar thing didn’t bug me to much because they never sold them in the store anyway. Guess this is good for the smaller shops which I do get ammo but feel condemned to shopping at Bass pro who in my mind is expensive. Guess more online shopping now which I don’t like . I want to see/ hold what I’m buying.I would think though if they where taking a financial hit they wouldn’t be doing what there doing. Minimal shopping there now if I can go somewhere else I will just for the satisfaction of not giving them any money.

not even gonna bother reading everything in this thread, but I have to know, what rock are you living under that you would even consider setting foot in a Richard's...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Dicks-Bjs.gif

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    I haven't shopped there and never will. There are much better places to deal with on the internet or local stores then to give them any of my earnings. As far as I am concerned they can join the Caldor, and Ames of the Chapter 13 club.

JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    Dicks & Walmart

I have neither entered nor purchased from the Dicks or Walmarts since they chose to attempt limiting our rights.
    JB

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I purchase most of my ammo and needs from amazon or Sportsman's Guide. On order over $49.00 you get free shipping. So just buy your ammo that you will need in amounts of $50 or more. Walmart I will still go to and look around.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I needed some new shoes, I went to DSW. Didn’t even look at Dicks which was next door. Maybe cheaper? Don’t care. $130 they didn’t get. **** them.

Sheesh, big spender on shoes. My white new balances only cost $40 at kohls and I can pick up my knee high white socks to match.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sheesh, big spender on shoes. My white new balances only cost $40 at kohls and I can pick up my knee high white socks to match.

Ok, sorry, but this was where my mind turned...

...of course,everyone knows, you don't wear white shoes with white kneehighs. :D

Attachments

• b397a169cc32eaa65ec27db73bb0f301.jpg
      b397a169cc32eaa65ec27db73bb0f301.jpg
      43.9 KB · Views: 1,149

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah but

It's funny.... They aren't so anti 2A. They own Field and Stream stores and they sell guns. There is a combo Dick's and Field and Stream in Dickson City, Pa. You walk in, Dick's is to the left and Field and Stream with guns to the right. Check out is the Dick's registers.

but then you are technically surrounded by dicks

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Hmmm touched a nerve . Went in to get some lacrosse balls. Know the guy that’s been working hunting area for 20 years , guess he should quit his job huh ?Think he may be , that’s his decision. Maybe I shouldn’t be his friend because he works there ? Hmmmm. Don’t think I don’t have absolute disdain for these places. Not a frequent shopper but I will go where I please if they have what I need . It is entertaining walking around with NRA cover on or I will not comply shirt on .Try it don’t have to buy anything just piss off the libs in there. By the way a cover is a hat for those who don’t know. Nothing like a good smile , goes a long way without saying anything.

sidewinder

Jan 18, 2007
    went to the DICKS in Easton yesterday, they still have all the "gun stuff" i talked to the manager and He said there are some selected stores that will still sell guns and ammo in fact He was getting inventory from some of the stores that are no longer selling guns and ammo. the had a good supply of ammo and the gun racks were full.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    went to the DICKS in Easton yesterday, they still have all the "gun stuff" i talked to the manager and He said there are some selected stores that will still sell guns and ammo in fact He was getting inventory from some of the stores that are no longer selling guns and ammo. the had a good supply of ammo and the gun racks were full.

Wheaton also told me a while back that its one of there biggest money making departments and that there's was staying open. I think in the stores that the department wasn't doing good are the one's that are closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom