Well Surefire cans appear to be idiot proof...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    And very very robust.

Someone, I am not saying who, leaves a .308 Surefire can on his Gladius all the time. That someone had bagged his rifle, can attached, after a recent class and had not taken the rig out since. That someone then decided it was time to shoot it some more on Saturday. Pulled it out of the drag bag, can still attached as usual and get set up prone at 100.

Well, at the shot it seemed quite loud and I felt a blast of air on my face that I was not used to. OK. Check the shot, about 4 inches from the bull at 7 o'clock at 100 yards. Well that is not good, I had a center call. HEY WHERE THE HELL IS MY SILENCER????

Oh CRAP!! Then I remembered something, that I had let some dude check out the can/mount system after the last day of class and I had probably forgot to be sure the can was on there and locked down before I shot and I bet it was just sitting on the brake/mount. Crap!!!

It took me about a half hour of searching in the woods to finally find it-27 paces from the gun and thankfully it appeared to be fine but filled with dirt in mount end from when it had impacted.

Cleaned it up proper and carefully inspected it and it seemed fine, mount it and this time ENSURE THE LOCKING RING IS ENGAGED and all is fine, rifle, and can me are all sub MOA happy again.

Life is hard, it is harder when you are stupid. Lesson learned: Don't take can attachment for granted. Ensure your can attachment is solid each time before you start a new session.

What a tough system! I got lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom