• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I emailed Mr. Neverdon and asked when the web page would be updated. He just wrote back and said today.

Let's see what happens.

:sad20:

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    It's been 2 weeks since I emailed him and have yet to receive a response

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It's been 2 weeks since I emailed him and have yet to receive a response

He is overloaded with responsibilities, not that it should be our problem. This is one of the items I believe Governor Hogan could use his influence to correct. If he won't stick his neck on the line for our rights, he could at least make sure the mechanisms in place operate efficiently and effectively. This is a circus.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    looks like the only thing they changed was the 2 July meeting dates to August.

what a circus this has become.

Emmet Kelly was right. a big ZERO.

Attachments

• emmet.jpg
      emmet.jpg
      17.3 KB · Views: 469

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Some changes in the Open Meeting Law go into effect tomorrow October first according to the paper.

Open Meetings Act - Agendas (HB 217): Agendas for Public body meetings must be made available to the public at the time of the notice of the meeting or at least 24 hours before the meeting.

Open Meetings Act - Retention (SB 17, HB 984): Public bodies will keep a written copy of minutes or video or audio recordings for five years instead of one of an open session.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    And then i said some mean things, and they gave up.

Don't give yourself that much credit ;) Apparently the wheels were falling off the cart before you were chastised for having an opinion!

It's make or break for the Board. They either have the support of the Governor and his Cabinet or don't. They aren't trying to send someone to Mars, just keep the paper work straight. Most businesses do that without the vast resources available to the State government.

Should I mention that by statute the date and time for all meetings is supposed to be posted at least 10 days in advance?

Let's be clear, I support the Governor, but without a quick change in trajectory this could get beyond embarrassing. The Chairman has been pleading for help for more than a year.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I'm wondering if they would accept volunteers to do the admin work. Anyone know?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    These boards and departments and divisions and duties are mandated under state law. if the state refuses to staff, fund, and carry out these duties, than these mandates are effectively nullified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom