• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Gettysburg and York are really my favorite shows in the area. Usually some decent reloading supplies and a few surprises from time to time. However I don’t like crowds under most circumstances, so I think I’ll pass on this one.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Does anybody know if there is a list of vendors that are going? I can’t for the life of me remember the company that I bought the dueling tree from last summer. The lady was set up in the main aisle when you walk in towards the back. I wanted to buy her 22 plates for the dueling tree.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I know the guns will be overpriced. But my dad wants to get a semi-auto shotgun. Can that be bought at a show? I know it can’t be from a private dealer since that must the the same state. But can you cash and carry a shotgun from another state?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I know the guns will be overpriced. But my dad wants to get a semi-auto shotgun. Can that be bought at a show? I know it can’t be from a private dealer since that must the the same state. But can you cash and carry a shotgun from another state?

You can buy a long gun from an FFL in another state.

And yes, cash and carry, as long as the NICS check is not delayed.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

That's dependent on the laws in any particular state. Some states limit sales to residents of contiguous states only...I ran into that once in Georgia. On one trip there I picked up a couple of long guns...next trip the law had changed and I was unable to do so unless I had it shipped to a FFL holder.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie

And yes, cash and carry, as long as the NICS check is not delayed.

That's dependent on the laws in any particular state. Some states limit sales to residents of contiguous states only...I ran into that once in Georgia. On one trip there I picked up a couple of long guns...next trip the law had changed and I was unable to do so unless I had it shipped to a FFL holder.

Ok that is what I thought. But when it comes to laws, as a fairly new shooter I always like to double check. Thank You!

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md

This is contrary to Federal law.

Doesn't mean some states don't do it, but Federal law says you can buy in any state, as long as both State's laws are followed (no non-HBAR ARs for Maryland residents ....)

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    State and federal laws conflict all the time...both say the other should change. My wife works for a large, multi-national bank. They are constantly dealing with issues where complying with one state's banking laws that runs them afoul of federal law and vice-versa. Neither sides cares...they each want thrown regulations complied with and to hell with the other.

It's no different with firearms laws. States don't care what the Supreme Court says...especially when it comes to firearms law.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    How overpriced do we think AR mags and ammo will be? 20%? 30%? Should we start taking bets?

Am I better off just going up to Cabelas?

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    How overpriced do we think AR mags and ammo will be? 20%? 30%? Should we start taking bets?

Am I better off just going up to Cabelas?

It’ll be outrages. Yes you’ll be better off buying what you need online. Only reason I am going is because I need to find KP-9 mags.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I know prices will probably be high on ammo. But is there anything else that will most likely be over priced? I have a feeling shotguns will be costly as well.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    I know prices will probably be high on ammo. But is there anything else that will most likely be over priced? I have a feeling shotguns will be costly as well.

Everything gonna be crazy...

Honestly, I only ever go to gun shows for magazines these days. Ammo can just about always be had cheaper online. But pre-Covid prices at the dulles show was actually decent. But from now til past the election- good luck. Buy what you can online.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks for the update. I’m new to shooting and never dealt with the election in terms of firearms. I’ll keep looking at ammo online.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I personally think this show will be packed and the line waiting to get in will be long if you can find a parking spot! Also just announced on their Facebook page face masks will be optional!

Attachments

• EF0D5D8D-BFB7-444D-B352-9377658F8FDF.jpg
      EF0D5D8D-BFB7-444D-B352-9377658F8FDF.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 427

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    No masks?

Sweet mother of God....I may go JUST FOR THAT

Is this show worth going to just for browsing and finding some smaller items?

I've been in the market for an optic that works and plays well with my astigmatism and maybe better grips for an AR

Is stuff like that there?

Or is everything way overpriced?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    How in hell is anyone supposed to know if and what will be expensive or overpriced?? Don't think there's any psychics on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom