You guys i hear complain about MD gunshows.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Stop it. Stop complaining about your gunshows. You have shows that are 500-1000 tables and while your laws are stricter you still have a large variety of vendors. I moved to West virginia two years ago and ehile the laws are better here the gunshows are horrible. Theres a show with 30 tables thats it. The big show in this town is 150 tables and if i want to goto a show that reminds me of Md i have to go two hours to Washington PA or Columbus Ohio.

No Ar upper builder like precision firearms. No police trade in tactical dealer like Lou no jerky guy no ammo guy like ammo-man and no tophat. You guys have good shows there. So even though i can buy Ars and pistols and walk out with them..theres nobody to really buy them from. I assume here they call them gunshows because nobody is interested in selling because i always see the same overpriced stuff.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Stop it. Stop complaining about your gunshows. You have shows that are 500-1000 tables and while your laws are stricter you still have a large variety of vendors. I moved to West virginia two years ago and ehile the laws are better here the gunshows are horrible. Theres a show with 30 tables thats it. The big show in this town is 150 tables and if i want to goto a show that reminds me of Md i have to go two hours to Washington PA or Columbus Ohio.

No Ar upper builder like precision firearms. No police trade in tactical dealer like Lou no jerky guy no ammo guy like ammo-man and no tophat. You guys have good shows there. So even though i can buy Ars and pistols and walk out with them..theres nobody to really buy them from. I assume here they call them gunshows because nobody is interested in selling because i always see the same overpriced stuff.

That's because nobody lives in West Virginia. Maryland's population is 600 people per square mile where as West Virginia only has 77...and West Virginia is twice the size....

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think Slimjim's gotta' real point, think about this. If the MD ******* libtards have their way for another 4 to 12 years, based on what has happened and the rate thereof in the past 2 years, there will only be a very small number (just a small fraction of the current number) dealers left in MD. If things continue in the direction they are currently heading in MD, Slimjim's description of WV gun shows will be the norm for MD gun shows in the not too distant future. Look at how many gun shops have closed in the last 12 months here in MD. Think about it.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I thought that was because in WV you could go into a convenience store and they just gave you a gun....w/o even purchasing anything :)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I thought that was because in WV you could go into a convenience store and they just gave you a gun....w/o even purchasing anything :)

Nah thats a gas station, you get a free gun with a fill up.:D

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'd gladly exchange big table gun shows for a state that you can show an FFL your shall issued carry permit and "bypass" the NICS check on the Federal Form only to buy a handgun that you can lawfully take home once the transaction is over.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I'd gladly exchange big table gun shows for a state that you can show an FFL your shall issued carry permit and "bypass" the NICS check on the Federal Form only to buy a handgun that you can lawfully take home once the transaction is over.
    And you dont have to fill out an application to get a permit to apply to wait for a week to buy a handgun........

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You don't have 1000 table gunshoes, but 50% + of the local convience/ general stores a gun/ hunting/ fishing dept. Tradeoffs.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Aside from the Timonium Baltimore Antique show do we have many >500 table gun shows?

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Florida has some kickass gun shows texas As well the shows around dc baltimore area prices tend to be higher drive a few hours then its different but with the internet today its easier online sometimes if not cheaper,its the small unique stuff that keeps shows interesting but thats not where the profits are at,it used to be you went to a show to buy bulk ammo at a decent price now the internet has taken that spot and its hard for a vendor to justify the expense and labor of a show and beat the internet price.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Md handgun laws definitely hurt sales At shows. If i drive an hour and a half to the timonium show and buy a handgun i could be looking at even longer drive the following week to pickup the handgun so factor in fuel and my time it would almost have to be a smoking deal to male me not buy local unless it is unique just another perspective on what is happening to the shows

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For still another perspective , I frequently see more of what intrests *me* at small shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom