• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    As far as Maryland goes, it's probably the largest. But that's not saying too much.

Jim Smith

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Not that one, it's banned. I mean Aloha Snackbar.:D:lol2:

Hoping to attend, as I don't think I'll be making my way down to Chantilly this weekend. How big is the Timonium Show next to others in the Maryland area?

It's rather large, prolly the largest but the "largeness" is filled out with, well, um, junk tables. There's alotta' guns and gun stuff there but most of the people complain of the larger than normal junk stuff there compared to other shows in the state. People are expecting 600 tables, or very close to that number, of nothing but guns and gun accessories. If that's what they expect, they'll be disappointed every time.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

It's rather large, prolly the largest but the "largeness" is filled out with, well, um, junk tables. There's alotta' guns and gun stuff there but most of the people complain of the larger than normal junk stuff there compared to other shows in the state. People are expecting 600 tables, or very close to that number, of nothing but guns and gun accessories. If that's what they expect, they'll be disappointed every time.

its like a flea market with guns mixed in. you can drive an suv down the isles.
    since beany babies went out of style, we have filled these spaces with chinese knife dealers and knockoff magpull stuff designed for airsoft guns that they tell you is gtg on an .556. the only gun powder is twice the price and not what you wanted anyway.
    most stuff is way over priced and can easily be bested by the guys who sell on the interwebs.
    did i miss anything?;)
    welcome to maryland.:party29:
    hope to see you at the show.:)

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    its like a flea market with guns mixed in. you can drive an suv down the isles.
    since beany babies went out of style, we have filled these spaces with chinese knife dealers and knockoff magpull stuff designed for airsoft guns that they tell you is gtg on an .556. the only gun powder is twice the price and not what you wanted anyway.
    most stuff is way over priced and can easily be bested by the guys who sell on the interwebs.
    did i miss anything?;)
    welcome to maryland.:party29:
    hope to see you at the show.:)

It is not quite that bad but bargains are few and far between. I bought an interesting Enfield there a few years ago and I go because it is so close. Owe'Malley is to blame for a lot of this, but so are those of us that do not support Maryland dealers. I'll step off my soap box now.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Datsdaone... :lol2:
    It is not quite that bad but bargains are few and far between. I bought an interesting Enfield there a few years ago and I go because it is so close. Owe'Malley is to blame for a lot of this, but so are those of us that do not support Maryland dealers. I'll step off my soap box now.

:thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I will be at the show sometime after it opens on Saturday. I will be wearing a RMGO.ORG I WILL NOT COMPLY black t-shirt. Look for the guy with the disgusted look on his face and probably nothing in his arms.

Jim Smith

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    EMac's Tactical will be here!

We will have (AMMO):
    38sp
    38 super
    357mag
    44 mag
    9mm
    5.56 Tracer
    5.56 Hardened Stainless Steel Core (makes green tip cry with sorrow and extreme anguish)
    5.45x39
    300 blk
    30-06
    30-06 Garand Food on Clips - Will be lowering the price as I stumbled onto many crates of this stuff
    7.62x39 (Pricing is flexing with this cal, market is no longer saturated)
    7.62x54r (We are coming with 1 entire pallet of this stuff, 56 crates. - 22 of them are already sold)
    50bmg
    Lots of 12g (exotic and regular ammunition)

Body Armor Update:
    We will be coming with a few dozen plates. Our next order is 5 weeks out as there is a large back order on body armor. We have also changed how the vests are displayed to allow for better fitting and product selection.

We will have (30x) Brand New Untouched SAW Ammo Cans "Fat Cans" as they are nicknamed.

and our usual medical supplies, food storage and other needful goodies. I am also trying to get my hands on a few dozen flare pistols to bring down as well.
    price check please...:cool:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They won't give out prices prior to the show. We went through this before one of the other local shows.

Jim Smith

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    I will be at the show sometime after it opens on Saturday. I will be wearing a RMGO.ORG I WILL NOT COMPLY black t-shirt. Look for the guy with the disgusted look on his face and probably nothing in his arms.

Jim Smith

Lol you from out west as well? (Colorado here, bet you and I have the same T-shirt!)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Lol you from out west as well? (Colorado here, bet you and I have the same T-shirt!)

No, I'm not from Colorado. I supported their cause a year or so ago with a donation and they were nice enough to send me a shirt. Black shirt with BIG white letters that say, I WIL NOT COMPLY on the front.

I get more comments on this shirt than any other that I wear.

Jim Smith

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Was going to go for some powder and primers. What's a reasonable price to pay? Maybe also very some gun cleaning stuff. Grab some jerky. Sharpen a knife and just drool at some of the higher end stuff. Maybe a C&R purchase.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    EMac's Tactical will be here!

We will have (AMMO):
    38sp
    38 super
    357mag
    44 mag
    9mm
    5.56 Tracer
    5.56 Hardened Stainless Steel Core (makes green tip cry with sorrow and extreme anguish)
    5.45x39
    300 blk
    30-06
    30-06 Garand Food on Clips - Will be lowering the price as I stumbled onto many crates of this stuff
    7.62x39 (Pricing is flexing with this cal, market is no longer saturated)
    7.62x54r (We are coming with 1 entire pallet of this stuff, 56 crates. - 22 of them are already sold)
    50bmg
    Lots of 12g (exotic and regular ammunition)

Body Armor Update:
    We will be coming with a few dozen plates. Our next order is 5 weeks out as there is a large back order on body armor. We have also changed how the vests are displayed to allow for better fitting and product selection.

We will have (30x) Brand New Untouched SAW Ammo Cans "Fat Cans" as they are nicknamed.

and our usual medical supplies, food storage and other needful goodies. I am also trying to get my hands on a few dozen flare pistols to bring down as well.

Any .32 S&W or 32 ACP?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I hope all you early birds standing in line to get in on Saturday morning will take a moment or two to talk with Tim Robinson, the candidate for State Senate in District 42. He is running against Jim Brochin, the snake who stabbed us in the back on SB281.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Let's see...

Timonium Gun Show, Baltimore; 100+ tables, some guns, knives, lots of jewelry and jerky

Oaks Gun Show, Philadelphia; 1000+ tables, lots of guns, ammo, accessories, reloading supplies, jewelry, jerky and pickles......

I know where I'm headed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Let's see...

Timonium Gun Show, Baltimore; 100+ tables, some guns, knives, lots of jewelry and jerky

Oaks Gun Show, Philadelphia; 1000+ tables, lots of guns, ammo, accessories, reloading supplies, jewelry, jerky and pickles......

I know where I'm headed.

Way to support your local vendors.

Jim Smith

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I'm headed down. It's suppose to rain Saturday and will give me a chance to eyeball some firearms that I haven't seen before. Unless there is a Delaware FFL there, probably won't purchase.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I would definitely pick the Oaks show over Timonium.

Just about every category of evaluation is better in my opinion. The road trip up to King of Prussia is fun, there is actually a lot of open space to walk the tables and not feel like a sardine, having to endure people's unique pharmones. Lots of reloading stuff, standard capacity mags. Lots of bulk ammo sellers to barter with.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    SCSG will be at the show this weekend. Lots of new and used rifles, shotguns and handguns. Also look for great deals on ammo and acc's. Will have some cool Class 3 stuff as well, stop on by and see us

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom