• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    For me, I guess it is my long range rifle. It was an impulse buy (which I almost never do) just before I was going to retire. I jumped at it because it was a good deal and I knew some others were interested in it. I bought it off SnipersHide from the guy that owns XLR Industries. It's a .375 CheyTac with Lawton 8000 action, Lawton barrell and muzzle brake, and 40 MOA Lawton rail, all in stainless steel...this was back when Lawton senior was making good stuff. It has a XLR Industries Evolution HD chassis and Jewel trigger. I added a Nightforce NXS 8-32x and a 20 MOA Murphy Precision rail since I couldn't think of a place to shoot more than 1,000 yards around here. Also bought a reloading set up for it.

Buuuuuttttt, finding a place to shoot it has simply become a pain in the ass. I don't know what I was thinking. Unless I want to compete in some match, which I emphatically do not (been there, done that) I need to plan a trip and I don't do travel any more either. I really should probably just sell the whole lot.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Same vein

This is not on topic but given what is going on in Annapolis with our 2nd amendment rights, my biggest regret was purchasing a Maryland driver's license which confirmed me as a Maryland resident.

I was going to say this plus add my home. I was robbed twice by neighbors and Maryland robs me of justice regarding punishment of the perps.

As for gun purchases. I'd say my 44 Mag Super Blackhawk. I got a 7 inch barrel version and now wish I had gotten a shorter barrel as the balance is not ideal. Although when I was picking up my Glock at the FFL a DNR officer was in picking up his Ruger that he sent off to have Ruger install a shorter barrel on. I have considered doing likewise or just selling mine and getting a different .44.
    That is it. All my others, I like pretty well.

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    A H&R handi rifle in 22-250. I actually bought two of these one in the 80's it wasn't a bad rifle,wood stock, acceptable trigger,accurate within reason. However,I made a mistake and thought nothing had changed quality wise in twenty years so I bought another it turned out to be a real pos.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I regret half or more of what I have, but there was a learning curve. If I knew then what I know now, I would have 2 or 3 yearly nice guns great accessories.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Taurus Judge

I just don't like it. Let me count the ways...grip, size, hammer, trigger, feel, balance, and ... I just don't like it. I bought it for its gimmick: .45LC/.410 shotshells.

As for Taurus, I do like my wife's Taurus 85 .38SP very much.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Ok choose:

(1) You are dumber than me, one and done. For me

(2) you are still loaded after all of them ( I can't imagine how much $$$ you have unless you have a truck load of slide fires to sell)

(3) you are a masochist

You left out 4. All of the above :o

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    For me it was a Taurus TCP 738. I tried 5 different types of ammo. Hollows and ball and it would jam with all of them. It might have been that the gun was so small it was hard to hang on to. The trigger pull was Way to long too. Man was I happy to trade that one in.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Even with an Apex trigger, my P320...

I'm intrigued - what don't you like about your P320?

I'm less than impressed with the lacko availability of different sized grips and caliber swap kits since I purchased this thing back in 2015. Also with the stock medium Compact (9mm) and Carry (40) combo I have, I tend to hit rather inconsistent groups, as compared to my Glock 19.

I really wanted this to be better for me than the G19 for its modularity's sake, but no luck yet - at east with its off the shelf medium sized grip frame. Maybe if/when I get a different sized grip module to try out, my groups will improve. Haven't tried an Apex trigger yet either... --JB

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    Purchased a S&W M&P10 when I wanted a SCAR 17s. Luckily I was able to sell the M&P10 once I found a SCAR 17s.
    There was nothing wrong with the M&P10, shot straight, was light, cheap, and never malfunctions. But it was a lesson in waiting to get what I really wanted.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Purchased a S&W M&P10 when I wanted a SCAR 17s. Luckily I was able to sell the M&P10 once I found a SCAR 17s.
    There was nothing wrong with the M&P10, shot straight, was light, cheap, and never malfunctions. But it was a lesson in waiting to get what I really wanted.

I got the M&P10 first then the SCAR 17 as well. I sold the SCAR and kept the M&P. I was under impressed with the SCAR17 for how much it cost. The M&P was more accurate, trigger options are more abundant, and lots more after market products. I added a free float rail, a new stock, and topped it off with the Primary Arms DMR scope. At one point I had 4 semi auto .308s. Not sure how that happened, but now I have 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom