• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    You think the democrats are actually going to gain seats in the house? When 40+ states are shall issue? And people are seeing how regressive and leftist they are? Lets be serious...Donald Trump is going to get re-elected in 2020 or have someone with values similar to his that are similar. Unless the democrats drop the anti-gun crap they are not going to gain any seats in the house and they are not going to be in the white house any time soon. It's the reason why they lost in 2016 and will continue to lose for years to come. I don't think people are realizing that Obama pushed the gun control agenda until after he was re-elected.

Lets do a history lesson shall we...when Bill Clinton was elected Bush had to face a two sided front from him and Perot. If Perot didn't get 19% of the vote I imagine that Bush probably would have won. In 1996 Clinton had the benefit of Ross Perot running again because the reform party was closer to the Republican party politically than they were the Democrats, I think Dole still would have lost but it would have been a closer race if Perot didn't win. Obama got elected cause a lot of things happened at the right time for him. He went against Hillary Clinton who has absolutely no appeal to her and he also had the stock market and economy in shambles and people were ready for change due to being tired of the previous administration. In 2012 when the movie theater shooting happen you didn't hear a peep from Obama about gun control because it was in a election year. It was only after Sandy Hook and after he got re-elected that the gun control debate re-ignited and I feel the democrats leaking that Hillary wanted to make things back like they were from 1994-2004 was the number one reason that they lost.

The democrats can be for whatever issues that they are for when it comes to LGBT rights within reason(the gay state senator in California who made it not a felony to knowingly give someone HIV is not within reason), women's rights and other issues in society that they see fit to change...because they only really affect people who are LGBT or people who are pro-choice, those rights are subjective to only those to certain groups. However 30-56% of american households own guns, and the majority of people in the states who have more 2a rights than Maryland are not going to want to lose their rights because of someone who isn't their demographics. When you start talking about changing the 1st amendment right and the 2nd amendment rights you are going to lose a hell of a lot of supporters, especially law abiding citizens who want to protect themselves from criminals or sportsmen.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    I know that people might find this hard to believe but Trump probably would have won Maryland in a landslide if it wasn't for PG, Moco, and Baltimore City. The eastern shore, Western Maryland as well as Carroll County is a lot closer to what the actual demographics of the state of Maryland. Considering that 2 counties and a city consider 2.6 million people if you take them out of the equation then I think you have a very different election result.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I know that people might find this hard to believe but Trump probably would have won Maryland in a landslide if it wasn't for PG, Moco, and Baltimore City. The eastern shore, Western Maryland as well as Carroll County is a lot closer to what the actual demographics of the state of Maryland. Considering that 2 counties and a city consider 2.6 million people if you take them out of the equation then I think you have a very different election result.

So here are the Actual Maryland Election Results:
    Hillary Clinton 1,677,928 = 60.3%
    Donald Trump 943,169 = 33.9%
    Others = 5.8%
    It wasn't even close, 66.1% of Merry-Land voters voted AGAINST Trump...

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Others = 5.8%

The libatards from monkey county are moving to Fredneck and spreading their leftist views and leaving mc to be taken over by the redwing party and illegal (voting?) immigrants.
    :mad54:&:sad20:

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    Others = 5.8%

There are 2.5 Million people in the ultra blue areas of PG county, MoCo, and Baltimore City. When you have 50% of the voters in 3 counties that are probably 90% democrat it's hard to win an election.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The libatards from monkey county are moving to Fredneck and spreading their leftist views and leaving mc to be taken over by the redwing party and illegal (voting?) immigrants.
    :mad54:&:sad20:
    Frederick County still went 52% for Trump last November.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Per Maryland State Board of Elections, Frederick County Trump/Pence 47.4 %

Montgomery County 70.6% did not vote for Trump..

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Rep. Curbelo sure is getting blown up on his book of faces page...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hopefully. I believe what I read last is the Feinstien added it to her AWB bill, which makes it dead. Which is good, the damn thing has so many flaws and loopholes that would allow abuse to be ridiculous. There is NO provision for destroying or turning them in. The second it goes in to effect, any item that violates the law is a 5 year prison term.

No heading to the local police to turn it in. You are instantly a criminal. The vague “anything that increases the rate of fire” is also stupid as hell. A lighter trigger in theory increases the rate of fire minisculely. An adjustable gas block can increase the rate of fire.

I am not pro banning ANYTHING, but if you specifically called out banning a bump
    Stock with language strictly targeting just them that couldn’t be widened to apply to other things, okay. I can at least understand it (different than cheering it), but this law is so odious it needs to die on the vine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom